​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HASKELL SPIRES & CHERYL JANNEY

Just wanted let everyone know that my good friend Haskell Spires has passed away. Haskell was loved by everyone that knew him he was everyone's friend when the Good Lord made Haskell he threw away the mold, I have never met anyone that loved fox hunting more than Haskell, Wyatt Osteen said one time if Haskell wasn't talking about a fox dog he was thinking about one. He loved to field trial, night hunt, morning hunt it didn't make a difference he just loved hunting. Carol said Haskell has Fox hunted for 60 years and he won many field trials during that time on the outside and in the pens. He was one of the owners of the great Sandsifters Fox Pen for many years as well as as helping .start several others through the years. Haskell didn't mind driving hundreds of miles to breed to a good stud dog thats why his name is in so many of our pedigrees, he had so many favorite hounds and so many champions that they are to many to list but I think one of his all time favorites was Almonds Woodstock. Haskell deserves to be in the Fox Hunting Hall of Fame and I hope the next time everyone votes he makes it in. Please pray for Carol because Haskell was her world and she will be lost without him. It is also with heavy heart I wanted to let everyone know that Cheryl Janney passed away Saturday night she was a true southern lady and a great hunter like her husband Irvin, now she is reunited with Irv, Haskel and many others that have gone on to meet the Lord.

Re: HASKELL SPIRES & CHERYL JANNEY

Thoughts and prayers are with both the Spires and Janney families.

Sorry to hear this about Mr. Haskell

The first dog I ever placed in a hunt came from Haskell. We spent the night together and went to the red gate the day Shakespeare placed 2nd there. It was a night and a day I will never forget. I've worked very hard to hold on to his lines out of several dogs he owned. He was a legend and a friend and I will miss him.

Prayers to both families , MAY GOD BLESS

talk to mrs carol today. our prayers go out to the family. he was a good friend and I enjoyed hunting with him.

Praying for the family Holly Hill Fox Pen

Prayers from my family to your family Mr Haskell was a fine man so sorry for your lost.

Prayers for both families! I always enjoyed the times I got to be around Haskel & talk dogs!No doubt a hall of fame hunter!I pray for peace for his family

Always enjoyed hunting around Haskell and Ms. Carol, will remember Haskell Telling Catch that dog Carol

hated to hear about haskell and miss janney. our thoughts and prayers are with both families. may you both rest in peace. paul and sylvia tribble

Sorry to hear about Mr. Haskell. We are praying for his family.

I really hate to hear this, Mr Haskell was top shelf hunter, I remember the 1st time I ever went to sand sifter and met him he was super nice and friendly, and every time I saw him at the big hunts after I met him he always made a point to come up and speak. This is big loss for fox hunting he is HOF worthy for sure. Thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Lenny

I hate to hear this about Mr Haskell. I've always had the up most respect for him. .He was a great man an top notch hunter who liked a true foxhound..He was a man with alot of knowledge about foxhounds an i always enjoyed talking dogs with him..Mr Haskell will definitely be missed an there should be no question about him making it in the foxhunters Hall of Fame. ...We'll be praying for Ms Carol and family. .