​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CRHA Puppy Hunt - Shebyville, TX - July 30, 2016

We will be hosting a CRHA puppy hunt at the Historic Boles Field Fox Pen in Sheblyville, TX. Pen owner, Tommy Carter, and pen manager, Jeff Broadway have the pen loaded with game and the running is outstanding. Pen has plenty of water making this pen one of the better summer time running pens.

2 Class - Under 10 / Under 12
When: July 30, 2016
Run 3 hours
Entry: $40/pup - payback $25
Judges will be provided. Breakfast will be served.
For numbers, contact Cary Don McCoy at 409-474-1466. best to text during the work day. will take numbers first come, first serve.

*** Also, for those interested, Tommy and Jeff will be letting us have puppy running the prior 2 weekends of the hunt, July 16, July 23. this will be Saturday morning running. All are welcome with pup hunt eligible puppies. if you are interested in running on those Saturday mornings, just let me know, or Jeff or Carter.

Looking forward to having everyone for a great hunt and a great time!!!!

Re: CRHA Puppy Hunt - Shebyville, TX - July 30, 2016

address to house across road from gate of fox pen is:
3301 County Road 2625, Shelbyville, TX 75973

by the way, have over 60 numbers after first day of books open!!!

Shaping up to be a good hunt!!! Have over 90 numbers out so far!!
Don't forget about puppy running on the 16th and 23rd.

Hope everyone has a happy and safe July 4th.

hello Cary Don, just checking to see if you still reside around Vidor? Might be coming to Beaumont for a couple of years and just checking to see what kind of neighbors I may have

still here Rodney. be glad to have you here in our part of the country. let me know when you make it this way!!

Now Cary Don dont get my buddy Rodney down there and lead him a stray....

Charlie, He's always been July suggestive, He'll soon be July dominate

Does this mean the NATION will rise again...

Charlie, it's true, we were July men from wayyyyy back! Matter of fact, some of our old gyps can be found in later generations of some of Rodney's hounds.
However, don't be surprised after awhile down here in TX and running with us, that you might see him show up with yall with a funny colored July, known to the rest of the world as Walker supremacy, no pun intended Charlie Walker!!!

With that said, i am not color blind or breed prejudice. Maybe i'll show up at the July National in years to come!!!

Have over 100 numbers out so far!! It's really shaping up to be a good hunt. The pen is in as good shaping and the running is at its best as any pen in the United States right now.
For those of you that are concerned about the summer time heat, don't worry, The Boles Field Pen is one of the better summer time pens to run in. Plenty of water throughout the whole pen and very mild on dogs feet. Truth be told, the only heat yall need to be worried about is coming from the list of names that have numbers. We have heat coming from TX, LA, AR, MS...

Still time to be brave and get some numbers!!! A couple things i will promise you... the running will be outstanding, the fellowship will be above great, you will get fed and you haven't been to any puppy hunt this year with any more competition and quality of pups than will be in TX on the 30th.

For all of you that are coming Friday or evening, we will be staying at Huxley Bay Marina on the lake. it is about 10-12 minutes from the pen. Ms. Sandy, the owner, gave us a rate of $60, with no taxes at all, saves about $10-15. Their number is 866-733-8193. Just tell them you are there for the foxhunt.
Looking forward to seeing everyone. Be safe in your travels. God Bless.

Will you be running in this hunt Cary don?