​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
JOE'S BRANCH FOX PEN ENON LA Tuesday Night Time Change

Time Change Tuesday night from 9pm to 12 midnight starting July 26th.
Everything else stays the same.

Any questions, give me a call

985-863-2311
985-788-4860

Thank you,

John

Re: JOE'S BRANCH FOX PEN ENON LA Tuesday Night Time Change

Pen Owners,
Is there a chance that yall could do something like this or cast a little before daylight on the weekends so the working folks can have a opportunity to do some practicing??? I have talk to several pen owners about it an none seem to have a problem but just never seen any time changes.

Thanks Tic

Good Deal

Good deal

I agree with you Tic

Good, Idea !!! hopefully they can work something out

How big is the pen

Just over 1000 acres

I was wondering wer to get a number for the september 17 hunt at this pen

Jo Jo Wall is putting the hunt on. The books aren't open yet.

Ok do u know wen they open

I would support the pen allowing hunters to run on Sunday mornings, to help the working people get a chance to run in this fine pen, it doesn't seem like a big deal for the pen.

Pen owners run on Friday night and Saturday night. The game is holding up good. Why would you change anything? There is enough pens around that are low on game due to over pressure and day light running.

don't leave out that pen owners run on Monday and Thursday mornings also and Thursday night!!!that I know so I would also support the Sunday morning running!!!

I was asked to make this post for the hunters that are not pen owners or retired. It's had for hunters that have a five day a week job to get the opportunity to run their hounds in the daylight. An open day would increase revenue and get your game in better shape for the up coming daylight running field trials. The pen owners aren't the ones having problems running their dogs, the working men are. In my opinion daylight running for 3 hours does not put anymore pressure on game, than running them 8-10 hours at night, probably less. I'm not selfish, therefore I made mention of a possible weekend daylight running day, in place of the Monday morning, that way it's no different on pressure, the game is being ran during daylight 2/3s of Monday morning. I've done my part and made mention of it.

Well, the way I see it is if you have 20 hounds @5.00 a hound that's 100 dollars and if you have 40 pen owners hounds @1.00 that's 40.00 now if you have 50 hounds @5.00 oh well looks like that would help out in many ways like buying game, wire, and whatever else that needs to be. I'm just looking at the whole picture with both eyes.

Key work there is pen owners who has paid out of there pockets to pay the lease the last 2 years . We had it open about 2 years ago didn't pay off all the pens low of game as soon as this 2 one day or over they gone

What pen managers/owners allow daytime running? Some may even be private!!!! You better appreciate the decision to limit day chasing or you are going to be running Scotty on a rail! Lol

Y'all pen Y'all rules....

Good Luck
Tic

My point was simple, change Monday to Sunday, to accomidate more people. To each his own.

It' is simple! The same people run every saturday night. These are the same hunters that show up to judge every time they are asked.Sunday morning might bring more revenue, but it didn't work the last time it was tried.

Dog's having to practice, Well that tells me a lot about what y'àll are running today. We ran them took the best one we had and went to a trail. Kinda glad I went back to deer hunting with dogs. But that's y'all dog's and yall feeding them so it is what it is. I'll keep feeding my trash that doesn't need practicing and yall keep looking for one that might run more than 4 hours day or night.

Have a blessed day
Brian

Joes Branch has a management committee made up of 5 members and one alternate.
Comments ,concerns and suggestions should be sent to that committee (in writing ).
Meetings are not conducted on Masterfox.
As chairman of that committee I would be glad to take your suggestions. Send to :
40 Buck Bridge Rd
Tylertown, Ms 39667.
Thank you to everyone that participates at Joes Branch!

Joes Branch has a management committee made up of 5 members and one alternate.
Comments ,concerns and suggestions should be sent to that committee (in writing ).
Meetings are not conducted on Masterfox.
As chairman of that committee I would be glad to take your suggestions. Send to :
40 Buck Bridge Rd
Tylertown, Ms 39667.
Thank you to everyone that participates at Joes Branch!

I wasn't trying to hold a meeting, simply stating my opinion, and will continue to do so, when asked, not being rude, we all know what opinions are like and I've stated mine. Didn't expect everyone to agree and respect everyone's style of hunting, whether it's the same as mine or not.