​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Buying Dogs

Recently I bought 3 dogs from Roger Knight from Peal Mississippi, he had them posted for sale on Master Fox. I called him and we talked and he said they where good running, hard barking hounds with good clear mouths. He said I would be satisfied when I run them and that " They wouldn't out run Donnie Valentine but they won't embarrass me with no one". I told him I would be a able to tell when I run them. So I went ahead and bought them.
I am 59 year old and have hunted all my life. I know what good hounds are. I have owned some sorry ones. These 3 are as sorry as I've ever owned. When a man tells you this and you call him at least 15 times and he won't answer or return you calls then he knows this too. So I believe that he lied to me and is a LIAR!
So people when selling a dog just tell the truth because when a man runs them he will know. I'm not one to cry over buying dogs but just want people to tell the truth.
I've run these 3 hounds for 2 months in a 160 acre pen with 8 pups that are 8 months old and have yet to see them in a race.
I just decided to write this and post so if Roger Knight ever puts dogs up for sell don't trust what he tells you.

Happy Hunting,
Travis Caskey

Re: Buying Dogs

finally gets told.

Travis that is hard to believe cause he is suppose to be a big Christian man and is not suppose to lie. Maybe the devil will stick him with his pitch fork in his rear end one day for his lying to you just to sell a dog. Hunters start putting these lying people's name on here so others won't be robbed by their lies.

I went and picked up 6 from him that a guy bought and give all 6 away. They was as sorry as they come. He told a good tell about them too

If I were to complain about every time I bought a sorry dog then I'd stay on here complaining. Take your loss and never buy from him again. That's what everybody should do. Bought sorry ones from no name people to all the big shots. Have a blessed day

John buying dogs don't seem to be what they are upset at. It is the fact they all where told these hounds where good an could run. The lying is what seems to have them upset. You tell me he is sorry then I buy its my fault. But you put out this big story on them on how good they are then they do not even come close to being that then its his fault. Then not even answer the phone cause you know why he's calling you back. That is not good business at all.

Travis this is not the first time I've heard this bout him!! John if you would read his post you would see why he's upset! To me he's just warning people before they buy from him that the dogs are not what he says they are which gives him a bad name! Just saying!

If you can't try a dog before you buy, don't buy unless you can get a money back guarantee. no body really knows whether or not their dog will fit you. Might have been good for him but not you. Most of the time it wasn't good for him or it wouldn't be for sale. I've never seen any top notch dog for sale unless someone just got reckless with his money. Even if a man is going out of dogs , his good ones are passed on to kinfolks

Hold on here Travis. You know that is a ballface lie. I told you them pups hadnt never been run except by theirself and didnt know what they would do with bunch of cutting road running dogs. you called me one time i was in dr office. you should have brought them back if you didnt want them and i would give your money back. you can stop this mess cause im not going to put up with it. you can call me which you havent called me but once. You best not call me nothing else you can get on here and act stupid if you want to but you better not call me that. You bring dogs back and if they not hurt or cripple i will give you your money back. but do not call me that again. Donnie Valentine name never was brought up in our conversation and you know that mess you put on there is a lie and you know it. dont put nothing else about me on here you just come to my house we get it straight quick

Well the man says yall the liers? So what about it Travis or Scott yall the liers?

I talked to Roger Knight and he agreed to take the dogs back. I apologize for calling him a liar . Ishould have been a better man than that. I apologize to Master Fox for putting this on here, it was not the place for it.I was upset and mad at the time.If I offended anyone else I do apologize to them also.Once a gain Happy Hunting!

That's what's wrong with the dog's today people sell that sorry**** to others and lie about them and then most of the time they let someone else have them l believe before long it won't be a dog capable of running something out of sight much less go hunting and jump a piece of game I think if we would do what the old folks use to do with a sorry*** dog we would have better dogs today and we wouldn't have all this arguing all the time .if I offended anyone I'm sorry.Happy Hunting and have a nice day

How much does a sorry dog cost now days ??

The one I bought was $500, but I would take $450 for him. Lol