​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
11 inch tablet gps tracking

Any input on this would help. I just considering getting one. Just wondering if its a complete truck rewire job etc. Or simple.

Re: 11 inch tablet gps tracking

If you want simple and easy to use go with a Drivetrack, if you want a headache but a 4 inch bigger screen go with tablet, I have ran and sold both of these items, sold about 5 or 6 of the tablets before not selling anymore, they are not made to track dogs, they are made to be used as a computer, the drivetrack is the absolute only way to go, less money and headache with it..if I can help let me know.

Todd Wilkins
Wilkins Outdoor Products, LLC
804-586-0345
Wilkins-Outdoor-Products.com
WilkinsOutdoorProducts@gmail.com

I use the RCA cambio and the total cost was about $125 this includes window mount and charger. The only downside I can see is it's not wireless but it does keep your tacking box charged while your using it. For the difference in cost I'll stick with the tablet.

As far as tracking, the bigger screen is a game changer. Able to see all your dogs all the time no mattter how far apart they are is great. Also seeing a much larger area when zoomed in on one or two hounds is a big plus too.

You don't have to do any rewiring. It only requires one cable from the USB of tablet to the Astro/alpha. If you won't to charge the tablet while in use you'll need another micro USB cable to your cigarette charger but this is not required unless you want to keep tablet on charge. I think you need a cable to keep the drive track charging while in use also. So ultimately there's only one wire required to use the tablet.

How long can you hunt with tablet and alpha on full charge without the auto charging going on.

I'm not sure. I always connect mine to the charger when I turn it on. I'm sure it would depend on the screen brightness and a few other things. If you look at the specs on the tablet it should give you some idea of battery life. To be honest I take mine in and out of the truck when I'm not using it. It takes about 3 minutes to hook everything up and I don't have to touch it the rest of the day and it keeps my Astro fully charged. Any windows based tablet will work so if you don't want to connect it to the charger just look for a tablet with the battery life you need.

photo 439D5453-809E-44B1-B613-B2C5A79ED16B_zpsxbyri2qx.jpg

This is with tablet connected to charger and 2 astros connected to the tablet. Both astros have roof mounted antennas connected also.

Is the tablet just a monitor and all adjustments are made on the astro. What type adjustments do you make om tablet?

Where can you by USB cords and charger in one

I'll email you a video show what you can do with it.

The USB cable that came with your alpha that you use to connect to a laptop is the same cable that connects tablet to alpha. The tablet uses the same charging cable as most samsung smart phone (micro USB) and can be found anywhere.

Changing what you see on the tablet is done on the tablet and changing what you see on the alpha/Astro is done on the alpha. One doesn't affect the other they are independent of each other.

The tablet is touch screen so you make changes like you do on a smart phone. Zoom out. zoom in. rotate screen orientation. You can view all collar info such as gps signal, comm signal, and battery remaining on one screen for all collars your tracking.

Where did you find that tablet and what is product no.?

It's the rca cambio. I got mine from Walmart.com, but you can use any tablet as long as its windows based.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-Cambio-10.1-2-in-1-Tablet-32GB-Intel-Atom-Z3735F-Quad-Core-Processor-Windows-10/45804382

Thanks, I think I willtry one

Can you get birds eye off of your alpha to show up on tablet showing roads ?

Btt

Can a iPad be used

Randall McGowan phone # please

Yes you will use the birds eye maps from your alpha on your table.

No you cant use an iPad. You can only use tablets or laptops that have a full windows operating system.

Email me if I can help you in any way.

Do you have to download anything to the RCA Cambio or just plug in your Alpha ?

Thanks so much for helping me out through the process. It went without a hitch. Anyone needing help getting this set up..... he's your man. Again thank you

Can you help me with what is needed to hook alpha 100 to a tablet thanks so much