​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
THE OLD SANDSIFTER'S FOX HUNTERS

TELL US WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE OLD SANDSIFTERS FOX HUNTERS?
I RECEIVED A CALL TODay FROM STEVE (STOCKEY) CALLOWAY. HE WANTED TO CHECK UP ON ME AS HE JUST FOUND OUT THAT HASKELL HAD PASSED AWAY.

I KNOW OF THE OWNERS OF THE SANDSIFTERS, DON KELLY, HOMER TOOLE, GENE CARR & HASKELL HAS PASSED AWAY. IRVIN & SHERRILL JANNEY HAS PASSED AWAY.

LET'S TELL THE OLD BUNCH WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOU. I KNOW IT IS HARD TO KEEP UP WITH EVERYONE SO LET''S BRIGHTEN UP OLD FRIENDS TO SAY HELLO WISH WE COULD SEE MORE OF EACH OTHERS. DO YOU STILL HAVE FOX DOGS & DO YOU STILL FIELD TRIAL?

Re: THE OLD SANDSIFTER'S FOX HUNTERS

Not much gong on with us theses days. Since George's illness we don't have any hounds & instead of taking care of dogs & just take care of him. We still talk to a few hunters & love to reminisce about the good old days when we hunted & field trialed. I talked to Marie & Wyatte O'Steen this week & we agreed that we knew we would miss our hounds, but we have come to realize we miss all our hunting friends more!!!

Trish that is the truth when you attend field trials at the same pen for 25 years with the same people most of the time once a month and sometimes twice a month you make a lot of friendships. A lot of our friends have passed on but we have a lot of good memories, I miss all of my Sandsifter friends and it would be nice if we could have a Sandsifter reunion. I have discussed with Sonny Lovett about putting on a Haskell Spires memorial Sandsifters reunion hunt so we can honor Haskell and it be a time for us to get together again. I still have hounds but I am just attending a few puppy hunts now I have been pastoring a church for the last 10 years and that doesn't leave a lot of room for 3 day hunts and I sure miss it. Even though the Sandsifters is gone I sure wish we could get our pens back open in Florida, well that's enough for now I'll let everyone know when we get a date set for the Haskells hunt. God Bless

billy and mrs. carol, good to hear from each of you. I sure miss talking with haskill and hunting with him. we had some good hunts over the years. shane and I talk about him all the time. billy, please keep me posted on when you will have the hunt. it would be great if I could make the trip.

Mr. Leroy I will let you know when and where the hunt will be Haskell really enjoyed hunting with you and Shawn at gopher hill he made a lot of friends in Mississippi and I like you miss talking with Haskell we talked just about every day you take care and hope to see you at the hunt.

Growing up with Sandsifters 15 minutes from my home, I know how lucky I am to have been raised around these fox hunting legends. I have had so many mentors in my life, and Sandsifters fox pen will always be the base of that foundation. How many kids can say they grew up running weekly with people like George and Trish Rogero, Wyatt and Marie O'Steen, Haskell and Carol Spires, Jerry Martin, Gene Carr, Tommy Chason, Irv and Sherril Janney, Reudean Chambliss...the lost goes on and on. Growing up, I was like a sponge, watching these hunters every move and just soaking it all in.These people will always hold a special place in my heart as they are more like family than friends. You have all had a major influence on this boys life.
Sky

Timberline kennels here I attended as many as I could at sand sifter jw what ever happened to mr.Yates and jim beach I had the pleasure of knowing irve and haskell personally also was wondering about jerry martin man how time goes by!!! And changes things!!!

Jack Yates passed away many years ago. Jerry Martin is in a nursing home because of a Stroke. Quess you saw the post where Gene Carr, Don Kelly, Homer Toole, & Haskell Spires as also passed away.The pen was sold & the new owners have really cleaned it up & plan to build a house there.

Jim Beech is still living & doing fishing instead of dog running. Wish more people would reply so we would know what has happened to them .