​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rumor or Fact

Was told at the fox pen last night that the vets had lobbied the legislature in Jackson and that starting in January, antibiotics, vaccinations, wormers,supplements etc, could not be sold without a vet prescription. Just wondering if this is just a rumor or fact? And is it only Mississippi?

Re: Rumor or Fact

Mr. Rex I believe it's true the man who owns the feed store in Vancleave told me it's true

Must be something to do Obama Care

I was told at my local feed store in Louisiana that suppose to go infect 1st of the year here.

Rex it is true, but it is only for the use of medicated feeds. Mainly pertaining to the cattle industry. Not every day items we use on our dogs.

It has been unlawful for some time to ship medicated feed across state lines,with the exception of orimycin crumbles in feed to keep down showers. As far as dog med or livestock injectibales or any other kind of pet medication will continue as is as far as I know. We do business with some big suppliers of that kind of stuff and they know well in advance when something like that is going in effect and notify their customers. Usually a year in advance. We haven't heard anything as of today

If laws like that are passed by legislature they usually give the wholesalers a long leeway to get the stuff sold and out of stock. If you'll remember it was several years from the time lindane which was a sure fire flea killer was faded off the shelves. That would be the same way with livestock supplies.

Was told today at Rafter R that it is happening in Arkansas to. She said was medicated feed,and powder and liquid injectable antibiotics

The law that goes in effect jan.1 does not affect pet medication being sold at feed stores without a vet perscriptio. This new law applies to certain medication being fed to livestock that are being used as human consumption. All else is as always. This was explained to me this morning by the largest livestock med. Wholesaler in Louisiana.