​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SAD NEWS FOR THE FIELD TRIALING COMMUNITY!

I just received a phone call that long time "MOH", and judge Gerald Simmons passed away last night.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife Joy, and the Simmons family.

More information to follow later!

RIP: Gerald Simmons

Allan Bishop
(Jabber Jaw)

Re: Memorial Service Information on Gerald Simmons

Just received the below information re: Gerald Simmons

Obituary to be in Richmond paper on Sunday, December 4, 2016

A memorial service is to be held on Thursday December 8th, 2016 @ 7:00pm, at the Bennett & Barden Funeral Home.
The address is 3215 Anderson Hwy, Powhatan, Va. 23139

Allan Bishop
(Jabber Jaw)

THANK YOU ALLAN.

Sorry to hear of the passing of MOH Gerald Simmons. He was a grand ole fellow. We had the privilege of meeting him at a couple different hunts at the Pamlico, SC pen years ago.

I remember the first time we attended a hunt there at Mr. Graham's place one of the first men we met was Mr. Simmons, we had no idea he was the MOH for the hunt we had come to, but soon figured it out.

I also remember on Saturday when he was calling out the all age winners, and got to 5th place, he said in a joking way, "Well, boys I was told not to let any of the winnings get out the Carolinas or VA (I knew at that time he was fixing to call out True GRIT, and how happy I become all of the sudden)but this hound that is the winner of 5th place hails for the Heart of Dixie, #so and so, owner True Grit Kennels, Gallant, AL." We were delighted to have gotten in the winner circle against such tuff competition.

Then several years later we saw him again, at the same place and when he came around on the first morning to check the hounds and seen us,(we hadn't seen him during the hunt at that point) He said, "Well, there is them Alabama Boys, good to see y'all and good luck to you fellows." Brother and I founding it amazing that he would remember us as boys from Alabama.

We will be praying for his family.

Glad I had the opportunity to run hounds under this man on two different occasions.

Lord bless, and happy hunting.

True Grit,
Jonathan Blakeley