​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
valbasen wormer not spelled right??????

I use safeguard cattle wormer. What about valbasen ???will it get all worms like safeguard .How much to give and how many days Thanks for imfo. Robert Hunt

Re: valbasen wormer not spelled right??????

It gets everything but tapeworms 1 mL does 10 pounds of dog three days in a row

THANKA LOTS

the 2 are the same thing, i give 5 cc per 10 pounds 3 days in a row. if you have tapes use Zimecterin gold its a horse wormer give a dob about the size of a pencil eraser will get all worms your dog will ever get do it 1 time and in 2 weeks hit them again.

Some of you need to google what you're pushing down a dogs throat. The two drugs in these dewormers are not the same and attack different parasites. Don't give a dog any more than 4cc of the valbazen goat/cattle wormer. It's also best to Not give it 3 days in a row. I've know guys that give 5+cc and it hurts their dogs and some have been known to die. I have gotten away from valbazen for this very reason. It's rough on livers and really is only good for pinworms, which pyrantel will get

Back to the original thought.... fenbendazole and albendazole are different medicines.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenbendazole

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albendazole

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrantel

Hope this helps

Ok AL. ill tell my vet to go back to school. LOL

ok, we are talking about fenbendazole. you want it labled for a dog get you some panacur, it there will tell you 3 days in a row and that it gets more than just 1 worm, and of coarse way more in cost than that for a cow or horse. by the way Al. your links did not open when I clicked on them, try again. then again any site agenst something will tell you its not good, for something LOL, nor is a body full of worms. DO tell us mister know it all, whats best to worm with???

The topic at hand was valbazen remember?! Try to keep up. It's different from safeguard, main ingredients are different. One has albendazole and the other has fenbendazole. Copy and paste the websites in your browser and it should work. They aren't attached hyperlinks, couldn't get that to work. Panacur and safeguard have the same medicine in them just at a different doseage. Safeguard is 10% fenbendazole which is the proper dose for cows, dogs require 3x that due to their stomachs and intestines being different from a cow. Fenbendazole is the safest wormer on the market and you just about can't hurt a dog with it. Give it 3 days in a row, that's how it works best. However buying the big tube in the click gun (@$65) one click is 200lbs cattle weight, give a dog that 3-4 days in a row.

The topic of this thread (again) was valbazen. If you visit the site you'll see it backs up what I said earlier, it's only going to cover the pinworms in a dog along with a few other parasites. It also says that it can be rough on livers so to me that risk isn't worth the little reward that can easily be obtained by using a safer item such as pyrantel pomoate. I'm sure you would've figured that out though once you figured out how "click on those links" I posted. That site isn't against anything. It's basically an internet encyclopedia that gives u general information about things positive or negative.

Are you kin to Dick Tracy?

first off use your name dont be a sissy. valbazen, sitting here on my desk active drug in it fenbendazole so there for, so you mister NO name im done with, kiss my sweet blue AZZ, you get your name and ill talk PUNK. and remember to use 5cc. per 10 pounds of body weight and has to be 3 days in a row, have it sitting right here BOY and learn how to spell Tracey dumb dumb, i guess you cant spell your own name have to hide like a little sissy lol and yes punk i am talking about valbazen get a life and a name punk

Sitting here, valbazen on my desk with the word albendazole under valbazen. I don't know what to tell you.

Here's where u can order it
http://www.qcsupply.com/valbazen-suspension-pfizer.html?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=productfeeds&gclid=CJWimJHus9ECFU-ewAodc4ENzw

Or here
https://www.jefferspet.com/products/valbazen-broad-spectrum-dewormer?gclid=CLm56qvus9ECFYm3wAodF8EFqQ

Can U post a picture of your bottle of valbazen that says it contains fenbendazole??

Valbazen and safeguard/panacur ARE NOT the same thing! I work at a vet and actually had both of my vets do research on Valbazen. Anyone who gives this to their dogs is wasting their money. Not only is it mainly used for worms that a dog cannot get it misses a lot of the worms that dogs do get. Ivomec or Safguard/Panacur are your best bet. Ivomec gets heartworms so that is your best monthly dewormer to use but it doesn't get tapeworms or giardia so if you come upon that issue you should the Panacur/safeguard

So if I'm reading this right the Valbaven
Is no good to worm with active ingredient is
Albendazole
Thanks

Correct. It won't hurt the dog but pretty much a waste of your money. Just doesn't kill most worms that dogs get

what does worms does ivomec get and what dosage do you use.

Ivomec prevents and treats whipworms,roundworms, hookworms, and heartworms. Dosage is 0.1cc orally per 10lbs of weight. It can be given starting at 8weeks of age. If you have a dog older than 6 months that has not been treated with Ivomec or some form of heartworm prevention you should have them tested for heartworms first. By 6months of age, if the dog has contracted heartworms, the worms have had long enough to become adults within the heart and giving Ivomec to a dog with heartworms can kill them. It will kill all the heartworms suddenly which releases a toxin and can cause the dog to go into shock. This is why it's a good idea to keep them on Ivomec for life starting as puppies. I have heard a lot of people who switch up dewormer so the worms don't become immune to the dewormer, this isn't true it just opens up the window for them to become infecested with heartworms.

Dick[Donald] Tracey must have put his glasses on

Ok. Has anyone used WORM ERADICATIR
If so is it worth the money
Thanks

Kristan, Please critique this management plan to keep my coyote/fox hounds free of internal parasites. I could give each of my hounds 1/2 cc of ivermec down the throat on the first day of each month throughout the year....will continue this for the hound's entire life time. This should keep the hound (s) free from heartworms and all other internal parasite like hook, whip, tape, pin and round worms. I could give them the proper dosage of Panacur and Strondig during the year also to help provide some additional PUNCH to the ivermec. I use Bio Spot during the summer months to prevent any flea epidemic. All hounds are kenneled on concrete and I keep the kennels **** and span clean.....Please read this and reply as I want to keep my hounds external and internal parasite FREE and healthy. Thank you, Chuck Richey, southern Illinois.

Yes, the only thing is Ivomec doesn't do tapeworms, but those are visible in the stool. They look like little grains of rice and they come from the dogs either chewing fleas off themselves or catching rodents or a fox. The Panacur or Safeguard will take care of them though if you do notice them in the stool. I do the additional punch of Panacur every now and then as well. Concrete is great to use if you can. It allows you to clean the stool off and keeps any parasite eggs from seeping into the ground and causing an infestation. And of course any flea/tick preventative that you can use as is a good idea especially with tick diseases becoming more prevalent. A tick carrying Lyme disease has to be attached for 10 hours before transmitting the disease to the dog, but ehrlichia can be transmitted in 4 hours so your hound could pick up a tick carrying ehrlichia at the beginning of the hunt and by the time you're able to catch up and check for ticks the disease would have already been transmitted. The only other thing I would recommend if you can afford it is to give a dhlpp vaccine every year. The distemper, hepatitis, parainfluenza, and parvo part of the vaccine technically last for three years but the lepto should be given yearly and I've found that if you purchase a plain lepto the price is about the same as the dhlpp. A lot of hunters only give these vaccines to their hounds as puppy's but don't realize a dog can contract distemper or lepto at any age and both are deadly especially lepto since we can contract it as well from their urine. Hope this information is helpful

Very useful information and well written and presented. I was wanting you to outline a complete management program for the many viewers on here. We all appreciate your information and management plan. Chuck Richey