​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Deer hunting with dogs

Got the below email yesterday.

Weyerhaeuser fully supports all legal forms of hunting, and we endeavor to provide hunters with high quality opportunities and experiences from our lands. Increasingly, the practice of using dogs to hunt big game animals is a source of controversy with adjoining landowners. Whenever possible, we follow State hunting regulations to address this sensitive issue.

Following the recent merger of Weyerhaeuser and Plum Creek, we continue to combine hunting programs, best practices, and operating guidelines. We are pleased to present our new guidelines for using dogs to hunt big game animals on Weyerhaeuser lands.

Dog Hunting Guidelines:
1. Within these guidelines, we broadly define Big Game to include deer, feral hog, coyote, fox, and bobcat.
2. The standard Weyerhaeuser lease contract prohibits using dogs to hunt the aforementioned big game species – without express advance special written permission.
3. Dogs used to hunt species other than those listed above do not require this approval.
4. Clubs may apply for approval to hunt big game with dogs as allowed by State hunting regulations. Weyerhaeuser will not allow permission that conflicts with State regulations.
5. If the use of dogs for hunting big game is permitted, it will be specified in your lease contract.
6. Weyerhaeuser will evaluate each request by reviewing lease size, configuration and other factors. If you lease adjoining properties from other landowners and provide us this information, we will take it into consideration when deciding whether to grant dog hunting privileges on Weyerhaeuser property.
7. Weyerhaeuser reserves the right to grant or deny dog hunting permissions, in whole or in part, based on our judgment and discretion.

Response Required:

A.) If you wish to hunt big game with dogs on your lease, you must complete and return the attached application form. Prior approval is required.
B.) If you do not wish to hunt big game with dogs on your lease, or you only use dogs for small game/bird/waterfowl, please reply to this email with the words “no dog hunting for big game”.

Thank You,
Weyerhaeuser Recreation Lease Team

Re: Deer hunting with dogs

Sounds like it's over with already.To much big money it ruins everything just look at our sorry azz government at every level.Guess I will have to coon or rabbit hunt looks like that's only thing they won't ***** about lol.Weyerhaeuser sucks and always have.Its all about money.

just got the news that some clubs in la. has been approved.

Any idea which ones? Were they North or South LA clubs?

So far 1st one I heard of today is Dry Creek in North Louisiana

I'm just outside of Hot Springs Ar and we're waiting to hear if we've been approved for dogs or not. We're only 2000 acres but we're surrounded by public land. I figure we won't be approved but I'm wondering how they are going to deal with dogs getting on lease land accidentally.

I imagine tickets but when did a fox become big game?