​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2017 South Alabama Open 8-Hour Hunt

Ryan, I've heard the wind blow before...

How many numbers are out?

I heard a man from MS named Kenny was coming to win it. Dont know his last name. Says he has a dog that is bad to the bone.

Let's hear it boys GOAT GOAT 🐐 🐐 🐐 BETTER GET USE TO IT HE HAS THEM RIGHT AND READY

I don't even have a good dog... I wish someone would point me in the direction of where one is so I know who to ask if I can get in a pic with them...

Be a tough hound to win it that's for sure. It's been hot and dry over here with no rain in sight. Only the tough will last till the horn blows. Better have em right that's for sure.

If it stays hot and dry I predict the running will break down and provide a chance for the quitters to quit if they are inclined to do so. 9 or 10AM will be rough. Although some of our regular hunters have dogs that run 10 and 12 hours thru the heat of the day so I guess it depends on the dogs that show up. Slow and Steady may win the race. The field of hounds at the Sunshine State did better than I thought they would on day 3 so I might be wrong again.

Heard K&K kennels been working the hinges on the gate they ought to be hard to handle and Killam Hills has had Richard Hardy pushing hounds through the gate also plus your all night hunters will have them ready for any break downs

Yeah the average leaf flippers will have the wind pumped out of them by daylight. I heard a man named Brian from over in MS had some July dogs he was bringing to do just that.

Ain't gonna be no July win that hunt gonna be a full blown walker hound b&t from Bendale, MS. He was a few points out last year, and running better now than he has all his life. Team Deets babe!! Bro Jourdan got him primed up!

A July won the 9 hour there a couple years ago. That was when they were judged the full hunt not just from daylight on. The smart thing to do is bring you a hound that won't run at night that way he'll be fresh when the judges come into the pen.

Thanks for the pump up Chad LOL. Yeah hes been looking good lately. If we can stay busy till 8 is up is my concern LOL. Be a lot of tough dogs there that run there every week thats going to be hard to deal with. Had a great time last year looking forward to having a good time this year again.

I am glad the heat is coming boys from out west but I am am afraid y'all are coming to a GOAT ROPING !!! Come on

What's the list of kennels with numbers to this hunt?
Just curious if the north Alabama boys are coming. This should be a good hunt.

Yeah let's see a lineup of all this heat that's coming.

The only lineup that is going to be needed is the line waiting to shake the goats 🐐 hand come on back

The game is resting good this week. Goat has just about wore them out the passed few weeks. Hope everyone has a good safe trip over. Good luck to all. GO GOAT!!

Rain coming in on Thursday should help conditions. High of 91 Saturday. Should be a great hunt. Goat has got em in shape from what I've heard.

Y'all keep picking on me all y'all want to.... but just remember they don't hand out tissues for tears at field trials.... #RunYourDogNotYourMouth #Woooo

After all the Goat talk I believe I'm now a Goat fan. Go get em Goat ole boy . #Wooooo!!!!!

Sounds like this goat dude is the one the look for. Home field advantage an must have some tough dogs since everyone is on him so hard. Looks like hes the winner so far. Im a fan now GO Goat.

I need some of y'all to stop by a give my dog a pep talk since y'all got so much faith in her 😂😂😂😂

Preorder your TEAM GOAT tshirts before Friday ... text sizes and color to 3342823537 .... thanks and GO GOAT 🐐

Goat Fan since you got my number and has got people texting me wanting shirts you call me I just wanna know who this goat fan is

Welcome boys to the house of the goat aka the goat pen

I tried telling y'all the goat train was going to bring the pain ,,, Congrats goat on the win

Thanks Ryan! Still can't believe it! #Woooooooo

1 - Goat's Joy ( Lakehill's Jaybird X Teat's Robin ) Pea River Kennels
2 - K&K Reese ( Ch Lakehill's Chili X Teat's Beep Beep ) K&K Kennels
3 - Killam Hills DJ ( Killam Hills Power X Meadow's Red Gal ) Killam Hills Kennels
4 - Will ( True Grit Wendy X Flying Dixie S ) True Grit Kennels
5 - Diva ( True Grit Heartbreak X Flying Frosty S ) True Grit Kennels
6 - Top Flite Archie ( Kyle's Ike X Sauccier's Lady ) Top Flite Kennels
7 - Maycreek's Polly ( Hound Hill Luke X Rigdon's Fancy ) Justin Miles
8 - Top Flite Giant ( Ch Nash's Willie X G&E Lemon Drop ) Top Flite Kennels
9 - Maycreek's Preacher ( Hound Hill Luke X Rigdon's Fancy ) Justin Miles
10 - K&K Skeeter ( P&D Adam X Owen's Miss Callie ) K&K Kennels

6th. Sire is Kyles Ike KW x Sauciers Dusty

Get it done goat!!!!! Me and Jen are proud of you amigo. I thought I might add on here for the folks that read thsee no name posts,but have never met Chris "swamp goat" smith. You will never meet a better guy. The man would give any of you the shirt off his back and make any of you laugh even in hard times. He works his tail off helping with the pen and conditioning his hounds. We all give him a hard time because we know he can take it, but I wanted to make a serious post to let my friend know that I don't believe there was anyone more deserving of a win. My hats off to ya bruh!

I will second most of that John Waugh except the part about giving you the shirt off of his back because he won't give me Joy back, lol, but your right, no one more deserving than the Swamp Goat or the real dog handler at Pea River Kennels that don't get the credit is Heather.

Well said Johnn. I agree

We came up short this year but we had a great time. Non stop wall to wall running the whole 8 hours. The pen was in great shape. Congrats to Chris and everyone else that placed. Mr. Sonny and the crew put on a first class hunt. Me and my boys had a great time even though we didn't get close. God Bless!!

Heck John Waugh sounds like you sold your hounds and got soft on us. Lol. But on a serious note... Thanks! I can just only hope the plugs I got will keep plugging on for me! Wished you would've been there to help celebrate like last time! #Woooooo