​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
schedule worming of pups

Hello my fellow fox hunters Hope yall are all having a great day!! My Question is I have had problems raising pups because either the worms are stronger or I wasn't giving them enough meds! my pups are fine and healthy at 7 weeks of age I have been giving them about 1 cc of nemex twice a week since they were about 4 weeks old and 1/2 cc since they were 1 week old!! I noticed some bloody color stool yesterday not a lot but enough for when you have lost as many pups as I have the last four years!! I have given them 1/4 to 1/8 cc of ivormectinthe last time I wormed them, do yall think that coulda caused it?? I put corrid in their water and a small amount of Clorox about a cap to half a cap full in 5 gallon wash tub!!so I don't think its coccidea!! any input is welcome !! do yall think I just may be over worming them?? coats are shinny and slick!! just wanna raise theses so like I said any input will be given thought !!Thank you and God bless you all!! happy hunting/running!!!

Re: schedule worming of pups

Spanky, I had a problem with Strongid not getting all the worms in my pups a couple litters ago. Strongid and Nemex is about the same thing. Just seems like that particular type of wormer wasn't getting the job done. I swapped to the Safe Guard liquid goat wormer and had a lot better results with it. Don't know if that's the kind of info you were looking for but just thought I'd drop that out there. Lately I've been sticking with the Safe Guard till they get about 3 months and bump them up to the Synanthic. I don't know if the ivermectin would cause them to bleed a little, but being that young it wouldn't surprise me.

Chad yes sir any input helps but what is synanthic never heard of it?? Where you get it??

Spanky I use the Strongid till about 4 weeks old. Then take about 5 cc of ivermectin and squirt in about 50 cc of strongid and shake well.I then give mixture at a rate of 1cc/5 pounds. I told an old vet what I was doing and he said you are doing just right as he does the same thing. I have never used the Synanthic how would you give it?

You can get synanthic from the vet or order it from Jeffers. The dosage is 1cc/55lb dog and it'll knock out dang near every worm in the book besides heartworms. I've been using it for awhile and I'm real happy with it.

Great thanks Chad

Mr Jeff how often you give the ivermectin and stingray mix??

I give the Ivermec/Srongid T mix every other week until 8 weeks then once a month until 4 months then move to other wormers.

Thank you Mr .Jeff