​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wormer

What is the best wormer you guys have seen for hook worms ?

Re: Wormer

travis, i always use ivormec, 1cc 1/2 under skin and 1/2 down the throat..right after i start 3 days of safeguard liquid..i repeat in 2 weeks and you should be good for awile..havent seen many effective over the counter wormers for hooks..original ivormec works, not the immitation..if they get to the point their gums are white, i use it 3 days in a row and it will work..

That's what I do Dennis but will use equimax in the mix on occasion.

Dennis, when you inject the ivermec S.Q., have you ever noticed any irritation to the injection site? I give the product on the first day of the month from April till October for heart worm control and I administer it by squirting it down their throats. Have you ever given a hound 2 cc's of ivermec orally? One dosage?

No chuck, I've never noticed any irritation..i give it under the neck skin and never used 2cc's of ivormec at 1 time..1 has always done the job for me with heart and hook worms..i also administer down the throat, but I believe in putting it directly in the bloodstream also to rid blood worms like hooks and heartworms..they are the hardest to get rid of, and if you don't follow up in 2 weeks for hooks,you end up right back where you started..when vets stool test dogs they look for eggs not worms.. that follow up worming is a must because the outer lining of hook eggs is hard to penetrate with a wormer..

I use Equimax on occasion as well brad.. I set the plunger for a grown dog at 250# and microwave for 8 seconds to liquify the stuff.. its a lot easier to administer that way versus the paste form it comes in