​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
If we could go back 30 years..........

Thought this might be interesting, because this board has been pretty dead for a while. Don't know the ages of most people who view this board, but let's try this out. If you could go back 30 years in the "hound world" what would you have done differently? What hound would you have held on to? What cross would you have made or made again? Would you have built your own pen?Anything that comes to mind that would impact where you or hunting and hounds are today. Just thought it might be an interesting topic.

Re: If we could go back 30 years..........

Don't know about 30 yrs ago, but had a heck of a good fox race in Gum Swamp this morning from 9: am till 11:00 am.sounded like they were looking at him from jump till first bay up in a small briar patch. Bayed him like a hog till I got in and kicked him out. Race was back on for 1hr and 40 min and he went up. Races like that will make you tap dance on the dog box.

30years ago I would have 4 maybe 5 hounds. Turn 2 loose at a time .. no beepers no trackers lucky to get a race at all. There was very little game. But man when it did it sounded like the devil was coming after your ass! 2 dogs would sound like 20. Wasn't no switching off ,or no loosing either . what u jumped was what u jumped and didn't loose it. Pray like hell that you would either kill or get your dogs back soon. Lol. 1 out of 7 maybe if u was lucky on both. Lol. The **** came off of a Shaw dog that was out of Illinois. That's all I know and that ain't much.

If i could go back 30 years I would have went to school in something different than what I did so I could work less and hunt a lot more lol.