​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
If you could change one rule

If you could change one rule in foxhunters rule book what would it be and why?Just asking.

Re: If you could change one rule

Not being able to run blankets in a national or masters affiliated hunt. Because its a pain lol

Hadn't thought of that

Walking them through the line the 3rd day

I think they need to add a rule!! Every Hunter that enters in a 2or 3 day hunt should have to judge at least one 2or 3 day hunt within a 2 year period!!

That would be good to.

Amen Heath

Do you really want some of these folks that bring DOGS to these trials judging your hounds maybe scoring but judging ???

Exactly Heath

I think it would open up some eyes as to what these judges have to deal with not just sorting through the crap dogs that do get brought, but the bs they have to listen to from hunters. I feel like a lot of hunters would gain a deeper appreciation for the men and women that judge a lot but it would also open their eyes to what goes on on the other side of the score sheet. With the computers you can track any miscues or potential questionable calls.

I agree about the judges. I would like to add one in regard to the numbering of hounds. DO NOT PUT A BLACK NUMBER ON A RED DOG!!!! It is very difficult to see that number when the dog gets wet. If you can't read the number the scoring of that crossing is stopped.

I agree 100%. But stated as , in order for any leader board points to count you must judge a 3-day hunt within that year .
Just my opinion

I agree with above post I wish you could use the paintable blankets

I like the idea of the blankets, but people swapped dogs while using paint. That would just make it that much easier. The attempts to stop it would take too much time and efforts by all involved.