​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sugar creek 5 hour open speed and drive hunt

We will have a five hour (open) speed and drive hunt on 10-7-17 at sugar creek. Entry will be sixty dollars. For numbers call mike martin @ 318-990-1322.

Re: Sugar creek 5 hour open speed and drive hunt

This hunt will be CRHA grade 1 hunt, will turn loose at daylight

This hunt will be CRHA grade 1 hunt, will turn loose at daylight. Address to pen is 2750 Kepler Creek Rd. Ruston, la. 71270, to run call Shane @ 318-233-8526.

Got 70 numbers out, should be a good test come join us.

Over 80 numbers out, come join us should be a good test for the hounds, running has been good.

Over 100 numbers out, come join us should be a good hunt.

113 numbers out, come join us for some good running and fellowship. Should be a good hunt running has been excellent.

had outstanding running there this morning along with benson Thompson and ed miller. come join us for a good hunt.

We had 104 hounds there this past Saturday great running lots of seasoned game. Roasds are perfect I love it

114 numbers out, been having good running should be a good test for the hounds. We will have a bench show after the hunt since this is CRHA grade one hunt.
Call and get some numbers should be a good un.

123 numbers out, week to go . Come join us for some good running and fellowship. Praying for safe travels for all see you Saturday.

btt

What are the best hotels to stay in around Sugar Creek foxpen

Who is bringing the heat?

Have had a few cancellations over the storm in the gulf, got 138 numbers out after cancellations. Almost all the cancellations are two digit numbers. Come join us for hopefully some good running and fellowship. Praying for safe travels for everyone that will attend the hunt.

hunters, we thank each of you for attending the hunt and thank each of the judges that came. we need each of you to have a hunt. thank don for being the master of hounds and bench show judge. cong. to the top ten.

Any game left in there

Just Wolfman Shane turn him loose I'm sure by looks of him he smells like yote lol

It’s a sad day when all we can do is talk bad about someone to make ourselves feel better. All my years of hunting I haven't ever saw sugar creek is good as it is now. That goes to the pen owners but mostly to Shane. Other than Barry Frazier I have never seen someone who knows how to run a pen as good as Shane. The pen may be low on game but there is still game to run. I caught my gyp Saturday after the hunt still running a coyote. Problem is they have to get out of the road and hunt it up. Something us hunters have bred out of our dogs. So my hats off to Shane. Heck of a pen manager and heck of a pen!! Good day fellas.

Very well said Jimmy.

100 dogs practicing every weekend before hunt is bad on the game better keep it up to have a place to run

Main thing is you guys need to use your name if you have something to say!!

Where are the results we heard two half hours of running look funny man who won it seems odd

I hate to engage such ignorance as it seems to run rampant on this sight. But I will say to the best of my knowledge the dog that won, won fair and square. Also you say 2.5 hrs running, you obviously weren't there but never the less the running was less than outstanding for sure. I'm sure the hot dry conditions had nothing to do with it and for sure it couldn't have been the hounds must have been the pen, right??
I suggest you hit your hip pocket build a pen maintain game and fences and put up with the ignorance that goes along with the above. I will be glad to speak to you anytime day or night so give me a call 318-990-1322.
As far as the results I will attempt to get them on here asap but if you were so concerned it looks like you would have attended the hunt.
Thanks
Mike Martin