​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Line Breeding

Had a kennel accident father with daughter---Sire Field Ch. dam good running hound won several bench shows. Have 6 beautiful pups just born. Need advice from anyone good or bad that has experience with this subject--thanks for your consideration.

Re: Line Breeding

Raise em and train em and cull hard...

If from good blood there will be some of them that will turn out to be really nice, maybe all of them..

May not be any of them fit to feed but if you like the sire and dam and if the blood line is solid I'd try em and see what you end up with...

IF some of them turn out then you have secured that blood for several years and outcross those puppies will be better than you can imagine...but you will have to cull hard for all faults.

Because if there is any fault in the sire's genes you just doubled up on the faults, but you also doubled up on the good traits as well..

Good luck and happy hunting but remember this in 16 months don't turn your head on how they are doing.

Could be really good...known of some that worked out really nice.

True Grit speaks with authority. He understands the process of line breeding animals.

over the years some of the best hounds I ever had were the daddy to daughter cross. In direct line breeding this has been best for me and if everyone culled hard the strains of dogs would be better not only today but in the future.