​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: midterm elections

So you're saying if these three states turn Democrat dog running will be better? Name me one Democratic controlled state where you can run deer with dogs inquiring minds want to know.

Virginia and in North Carolina the Democrats control the house

It could have possibly changed last Tuesday but as of November 6th the Republican Party held majorities in both Virginia and North Carolina Houses , in North Carolina the republicans held a super majority like I said could have changed Tuesday but if so they haven’t even took office to screw things up LOL . They do have Democrat’s for governors though .

Kermie, in 2007-2008 Virginia's democrat governor set out to do away with deer hunting with dogs, he had the game dept do a hound study based in 'facts' that later were found out by participants to be extremely skewed, these numbers an the way they were presented were very close to changing/ending deer dog hunting as Va knew it, and prob the beginning or all hound hunting I Va. Until the truth of the facts came out, and the deer hunting study ended up showing that deer dog hunters were performing legally and ethically, and no concessions were made by the hound hunting community. This man outright tried to deceive concerned Virginians to push the agenda of his highly liberal financial supporters who fund his campaigns.
It is a shame we have Tim Kaine as a state senator.
Please never confuse Democrat representatives as friends to hound hunters. They will always push the agenda of there highest financially contributing constituents, which include PETA and HSUS.
We all have the to our opinion and to vote our hearts, but at least be informed, Va's red state Congress keeps hound hunting rights, check the way congressman vote, the financial support in Va from numerous mounted fox hunting clubs helps us keep our rights. In national elections
VA is controlled by how Richmond, Norfolk, and Northern Va (basically a suburb of DC) vote due to concentration of population, you will see it totally different in elections for state house of representatives

Vote as you choose, but i can tell you that 100% of the bills that were bad for dog hunting in NC have been introduced by republicans....also look at Melania Trump's support of the dog racing ban in florida! There are plenty sources and even her on social media accounts that speak out against dog racing in Florida.. Vote how you choose but don't mislead folks telling them that all republicans are for Dog hunting! I encourage everyone to research each candidate, and vote for the ones that align themselves with what's important to yourself. Voting a straight ticket is a recipe for disaster.

I never said all Republicans officals are pro dog hunting, however I do follow local state and national politics and have never seen liberal representation be for dog hunters, look at California, Oregon and Washington, talk to their hunters about what rights have been taken from them, in Ca I dont believe the state even allows the use if GPS collars in their hounds bc its 'cheating' or so the liberal tree huggers have pitched it. California kills cougars with government hunters and throws the carcasses in landfills instead of allowing residents to do population control. All liberal led poilcy.
Using Melania Trump as an example is a mute point, as she is not an elected official, however please note alot of the trump's are Democrats, including the president himself until in later years of his life.
Not alot of people are for the dog hunters because most of America dont understand us, but historically in past 30 years the majority of bad bills for hunting in general are liberal based. If you have representation in NC introducing poor bills its your right to help someone else get elected who is I'm favor of your pastime.
But I do agree not all Republicans support our lifestyles.

Joel and Canaan, y'all both have made my point. It's the person not the party we must look at. I support several Republicans in Mississippi because I can talk to them and discuss the issues.

Kermie I agree it is case by case, but it's not the person you must look at, it is their financial support we must see. NO MONEY for campaign, No Victory in election, No Job.
Elected officials are elected to do the bidding of the people in the area they represent, however they more so do the bidding of those who got them elected through financial contributions regardless of if locals view things that way, No Money, No Victory. No Job
These guys do what it takes to keep their jobs, careers, power, and aspirations alive. Self preservation

And I agree we must look at the people, But statistically across the nation, especially in blue states the conservatives and independants help hunters and dog men more than the liberals.
Happy hunting to all
Canaan

Well I tend to vote Democrat on pocketbook issue's. I can tell you though I am a long way from being what most call a liberal. I am pro life, from conception to death, not just conception to birth. And own plenty of guns also. And have not found one person who can tell me who would come get my guns. My point is politicians use them talking points to get elected then when they get into office they beat back the middle class working folks. And you are absolutely right about the money in politics. That's why we need campaign reform. But how many politicians want to do that? Check it out and see who is for that.

Kermie. I see you still talk politics. Lol !