"HUNTING FOR THE CURE"

BENEFIT HUNT FOR CYSTIC FIBROSIS: "HUNTING FOR THE CURE"

WHERE: Sugar Creek Foxpen--- Quitman, Louisiana

WHEN: May 25, 2019 (Saturday)

WHAT: 4 Hour Open (1 class) Field Trial
~Roll Call and Cast at 6:30AM~

Entry Fee: $30/Dog

******A FREE CATERED LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED AFTER THE HUNT IS CALLED******

"HUNTING FOR THE CURE" IS THE THEME FOR THIS BENEFIT HUNT. CYSTIC FIBROSIS IS A CONGENITAL DISEASE THAT RAPIDLY PROGRESSES AND IS ALWAYS FATAL. RESEARCH IS MAKING GREAT STRIDES IN FINDING THE CURE. THIS BENEFIT HUNT IN MEMORY OF KATY MOORE OF JONESBORO, LOUISIANA AND SO MANY OTHERS WHO HAVE SUCCUMBED TO THIS HORRIBLE DISEASE ACROSS LOUISIANA WILL HELP FURTHER THE SCIENCE AND RESEARCH IN THE RELENTLESS PURSUIT OF A CURE.

THE CYSTIC FIBROSIS FOUNDATION OF LOUISIANA IS VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS BENEFIT. THEY CLAIM THERE HAS NEVER BEEN AN EVENT TO SUPPORT CF RESEARCH SPONSORED AND SUPPORTED BY FOX AND COYOTE HUNTERS. FOUNDATION REPRESENTATIVES WILL ATTEND TO EXPERIENCE THE FELLOWSHIP AND FUN OF A FIELD TRIAL. WE AT SUGAR CREEK ARE HONORED TO HAVE THEM.

WHAT IS NEEDED: FOXHUNTERS, DEER HUNTERS AND COYOTE HUNTERS, THEIR FAMILIES AND THEIR HOUNDS.

ANY HELP FROM SPONSORS, VOLUNTEERS, FIELD JUDGES, AND OTHER SUPPORTERS IS MOST WELCOME! CALL LEROY HUSSER AT 318-448-0940 IF YOU CAN HELP.

##########CALL SHANE HUSSER AT 318-233-8526 FOR NUMBERS STARTING APRIL 4, 2019.#############

Re: "HUNTING FOR THE CURE"

BTT

BTT

Folks, this is going to be a great fun hunt. We've got the game, it is running good, and the pen is in good shape. We have been so fortunate to have
many donors to step up and donate their time, money and prizes. It will be a fun event for the whole family. I hope you hunters will be able to come and support
this worthwhile cause. The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is excited to hear that foxhunters are coming to support its "Hunt For the Cure". Bring your hounds and bring your family. Lunch will be donated and provided by L and L Catering. Thank you all in advance for your support!!

PS: If you don't have a hound, bring a friend and come anyway.

BTT

Hey Hunters, this benefit is shaping up to be a great event. We have 95 numbers out, a pen full of good running coyotes and fox and a very capable MOH, Roger Knight. There have been many volunteers to judge, but we can always use more. If anyone would like to help us out judging, it would be much appreciated. Roger asks that all judges check in at the camp house by 6am.

It is still not too late to get your numbers if you need some, or if you need some more This is going to be lots of fun, and it is for a great cause. Hope to see you there.

Rumor has it that the man that takes care of the pen is running in hunt an has been loaning an saling people dogs this week to run in hunt is this true ? Please tell us hunt is for a good cause but we want to see what are dogs can really do if we run some

I normally don't respond to rumor but "man that runs the pen" is not running dogs in the hunt but if he were where's the problem as long as he's not judging. Also the statement of selling dogs that are going to be run in the hunt is one of the most assanine statements I've ever heard. Who ever you are you are doing nothing but stirring s---.
The hunt is for charity and for whatever your reason you have tried, and somewhat have put a damper over the hunt.
You sir are a real piece of work,
Ps: if you had a legitimate concern over a situation it would have been nice if you would have had the ba--- to call and question.
Mike Martin
318-990-1322

Who won?

Hey Folks, this turned out to be a great hunt for a great cause. We had 59 hounds, a lot of hustling judges, led by a gentleman and a hound man, Mr. Roger Knight.The cast was made at 6:30A and when the dust settled four hours later, we enjoyed a great meal while the judges tallied the scores. If you were not there, it was your misfortune as the fellowship among the hunters, friends and volunteers was on a high plane. The Good Lord blessed us with a super nice day as well.

The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Is so grateful to all the hunters, volunteers, supporters and friends that made this "Hunt for the Cure" field trial so successful. This was an historic event for the Foundation as they have never had a foxhunter sponsored benefit before. When all was said and done, this benefit hunt raised two thousand dollars for the CF Foundation. CF sends a big THANK YOU to the vendors, donors, volunteers, hunters, judges, pen owners and many friends.

The results of the field trial are as follows:
1st Hound #91* (260 pts) Chase Belle
2nd Hound #60 (260 pts) Mark Morrison
3rd Hound #111 (240 pts) Chase Belle
4th Hound #99 (220 pts) Tyler Tippi
5th Hound #41 (190 pts) Chase Belle
6th Hound #9 (165 pts) FBK/BTTB Kennels
7th Hound #72 (160 pts) Big Daddy
8th Hound #47* (150 pts) Mark Morrison
9th Hound #69 (150 pts) Stephen Lewter
10th Hound #40 (140 pts) Big Daddy
* Ties were broken on a time basis. The second place hound was beaten by three minutes.

A very special thank you goes to the Bayou State Dog Hunters Assn. for donating the first place prize--a 15TT Garmin GPS collar.

Just a great hunt. I really had a great time heard some outstanding running. The hunters really need to pull together and support these kind of hunts cause we're not promised tomorrow and blessed to have good health. Johnny Bratton and myself have the Christian Foxhunts and is a lot of work putting one together but we do it to help families in need. It's hard loosing a family member I know I lost my mom and dad from cancer and a sister from a car accident so any benefit hunt you really need to support cause one day you might need the help and support. Again the ones that put this hunt on did a great job. I would personally like to thank the judges for a great job. Kenneth Hennington and Shelton Easterling came from Ms donated their time which Shelton had a sister passed with this terrible disease. Great hunt