​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Jim Beech

I didn’t have the pleasure of hunting with Mr. Jim, but I remember judging a 1 day hunt at Mr A.J. Mason’s pen in the mid to late 90s and Mr Jim showed up with a lemon and white gyp that sure embarrassed a lot of folks. There wasn’t a hound in the hunt that could even get close to her for 5 hours and to my knowledge she hadnt ever been to that pen. You never forget a dominating performance like that.

I sure hate to hear this. Good hunter and fine man.

Danial, you are right. Her name was "Ann", Beeche's Ann. And she was a real bad a@#. I had forgotten about her until your post.
I miss Jim and Sue. Fine people indeed....
Tony Hyatt introduced me to them in the early 90's. I was impressed. I'm sure Tony remembers Beeche's Ann better than I.

So many wonderful memories of this man through the years. Growing up, my Dad and I would alternate running between his pen and Sandsfiters every weekend. Mr. Jim was hard, but if you ever took the time to know him, he had a heart of gold. After he quit running, he made sure to take care of me by giving me a key to his pen and allowing me to run whenever I needed. He was the first to call after every hunt I went to and always made sure to tell me he was proud of me. As a teenage boy, that meant the world. When he showed up, you could count on his name getting called. Very proud to call him my friend. He will be greatly missed.

He did appear rough around the edges from afar but truly was one of the kindest men you could ever want to meet.

Beech's Ben, Joker, and Goldie are foundation stock for the dogs I have today and I attribute the most valuable traits they carry to the Jim Beech breeding.