Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Do you score dog looking at game but not barking

X2 what James Mitchel said

My Grandpa Justin Dupre always told me that is a sign of a true wolf dog when he is looking at the game and not saying anything that hound has intentions on catching the game which is what you want not one that is happy bawling a track

I'm not a field trailer. Were after meat in these parts! I'd give a step of foot speed off any of my dogs too make sure they had good mouths. A good mouth is part of what makes the game move and can be the deciding factor on how the game move( running in the wild not a pen). If you're running tight mouthed dogs and you ain't catching what you're after on the regular, something ain't right!

BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I POSTED HERE !! BUT HERE GOES !!! TO ANSWER THE ? ABOUT A HOUND BEENING SCORED WHILE NOT BARKING !! I DONT THINK IT MATTERS TODAY !! I ALWAYS LOVE TO MAKE EXAMPLES BUY
TELLING OF MY OWN EXPERINCES !! THE BEAR GRASS BOYS HAD A HOUND 35 YEARS AGO OFF OUR RITA GYP AND CAINS REBEL YELL OR CAIN GRASSHOPPER, SORRY I CANT RECALL THE SIRES NAME !! THE HOUND WAS BRENT !! BRENT WAS AS FAST AS A HANT AND DID PULL UP ON A RED AND IN OPEN GROUND HE HAS HELL !! BUT BRENT WOULD BARK TWICE ACROSS A PASTURE WHEN LOOKING AT GAME !! NOW THE DAM OF BRENT WOULD SPITT EM AND I CANT TELL YOU ABOUT THE SIRE !! AS I NEVER HUNTED WITH HIM. BRENT WAS BRED TO BECAUSE OF HIS SURE RAW ABILITY AND HE PRODUCED PUPS THAT SUITED MOST. NOW I CAN TELL YOU THIS IT MADE IT VERY HARD FOR HOUNDS TO COVER BRENT ONCE HE WOULD LOOK AT GAME !! TRUELY I BELIEVE THIS IS A LEARNED BEHAVIOR COMMON TO A SMART HOUND THAT HAS HIS MIND MADE UP TO PUT GAME ON THE TRUCK !! DO I BELIEVE A HOUND WILL PRODUCE NON BARKERS !! MOST LIKEY NOT !! DO I BELIVE THAT A HOUND THAT HAS THE ABILITY TO BE LOOKING AT GAME ALL THE TIME IS WORTHY OF BREEDING !!! HELL YEA !!! NOW !!! WITH THAT
BEENING SAID I HUNT OUTSIDE AND OUTSIDE ALONE !!! IT IS IMPORTANT FOR A HOUND TO BARK TO ME !! I CAN TEL YOU HOW CLOSE THEY ARE BY THE AMOUNT AND VOLUME THEY GIVE AND ANY GOOD HUNTER WILL
KNOW THIS !!! JUST MY THOUGHTS !!!

MLM