Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

Masterfox Message
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: liquor bred stud dogs

Lamar Currie
From 1965 to 2019 I ran liquor bred hounds and all came from the above mentioned breeders. I went to Fayetteville,Arkansas and ran with the Southern brothers and bought several dogs from them. I liked the way they ran their game and barked at it and were always in a hurry.I had one off of Fourche River Rambler that was a really good one I thought. I bought Clem's Whiskey from Clem Nettles and he was a good hound. Sold him to Leon so he could use him for a stud dog and he produced some good hounds. I helped Mr.Beasley at his kennel for several yrs. and I had 2 females off of Wild Goose Diamond and Porters Redwing that I thought were as good as I ever owned. Those were some really good hunting years with some great hunters and great hounds and great friends. It brings back a lot of good memories and at one time years and years ago Jeff Almond said the best hound he ever owned he got from me. I think he was kidding but it was great fun.
my dad was clem nettles

Rodney Terrebonne and Leon Canoy bred and ran some of the best Liquor hounds that’s ever sucked a breath in MS. Let’s don”t forget what they contributed to todays Liquor bred field trial dogs. Look at pedigrees on top hounds today Canoy and Terrebonne names will be in 90% of pedigrees

Al Mascher from Mt. Vernon, IL was a noted and long time breeder of this line of foxhounds. He owned several if not many of the more famous Liquor bred stallion hounds in the 1950's and 60's. Wayne Adams from Thompsonville, Il owned Simon Flip-Up for years just three miles from my place. I raised a litter sired by Simon and the offspring proved to be good hounds. I liked the Liquor bred hounds. southern Illinois.

THANKS to all of you what a great trip down memory lane . looking forward to more of this kind of post.

Jim Van Tilberg in Celina Ohio still has a lot of breeding that goes back to liquor blood. I don't believe he trials much if at all, more of an outside and pleasure hunter.