Return to Website

Wiccan Tradition Message Board

Have your say, or ask others out there about anything to do with Witchcraft, Wicca, the Occult or paranormal. Share your thoughts with others!

Wiccan Tradition Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
religon

if someone is christian is it against their religon to do these things??post the reply or please feel free to email me!

Re: religon

Though some will disagree with me, many will agree: You can be Christian and a witch, but you'd have to sort of limit yourself. For example, it is against the Bible to practice divination (the art of looking into the past, present, or future.) There is something else in the bible, though I forget where, where it says "Thou shalt not allow a witch to live," but I've heard from various souces that it originally said "Thou shalt not allow a poisoner to live." See, around that time a long time ago when everyone thought witches were evil scary people, they changed it from "poisoner" to "witch." Or so i've heard.
And you can also be a Christian-Wiccan (or Christo-Wiccan, if you prefer the name) or even a Christian-Wiccan witch.
Don't let anyone tell you what you can't believe.

Re: Re: religon

i totaly agree with sara i would comment on it but hehe i think sara has said it all greatly, well done .

blessed be
Gia

p.s now i learnt pls put me wrong if i am anyone but wasnt wicca and paganism around longer well before christianity and catholicism? many of them relgions beliefs and morals do show up in churchs and in the bible also you just need to look carefuly and you will see it!

Re: Re: Re: religon

Paganism yes, modern wicca has roots to a mr. Garderner, of the last century, I believe.

To quote (I think) the agnostics/chaotes, "nothing is true, everything is accepted". (and about the only thing one of those groups can universally agree on, apparently)

In essence it's your life, if the religious/spiritual beliefs that you wish to hold don't have a label to place on them, you can still hold them as your ideals. Lifecan seem easier in some ways if you can be easily pidgeon holed for easier catagorisation and thus acceptance in the mainstream world.

But then your not pertaining to be of the mainstream ideas set. After all you looking into the world where the subtle exists.

Have fun
for love, for victory