Return to Website

Wiccan Tradition Message Board

Have your say, or ask others out there about anything to do with Witchcraft, Wicca, the Occult or paranormal. Share your thoughts with others!

Wiccan Tradition Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hey i Would Like Some advice!

Hey Everyone
im 14 and im into wicca i have been research for about a 6 months and now most of everything and no all the facts not all cause ur learning some thing new about wicca each day but anyways. There Is one Big PROBLEM my mom.......... she belives in god and jesus and i don't and i told her that was interested about wicca and i got in so much trouble and i can't have anything that has something to do with wicca in this house.
I also wrote to people beacause how do u orgaize a book of shadows. If anyone can help me Email me back at girlsrule_45@hotmail.com ur i have msn so add me if you have it.
**Blessed Be** And i hope some1 can rite back!

Do you know a Wiccan or Mystical topic that should be discussed? ?

Re: Hey i Would Like Some advice!

"she belives in god and jesus and i don't and i told her that was interested about wicca and i got in so much trouble" -You have two choices. You could either stop studying Wicca, waiting until you're 18, when your parents can't legally force a religion on you, or you can continue to study and not tell her.

"i can't have anything that has something to do with wicca in this house." -I totally understand this; my mom isn't so crazy about Wicca either.. she doesn't know my beliefs are mostly Wiccan, but she knows that I am or was curious about "witches" as she put it. As a result, i've found some nifty hiding places in my room for books. Here's my advice: If you choose to keep studying Wicca and want to have books about it, a great hiding place where your mom is not likely to look is under your mattress. And because you asked about books of shadows, i'm thinking that maybe you're into witchcraft, too, so hiding places for "witchy things" if you wanted any, are: underneath clothes in your bureau, in a shoe in your closet, or underneath your bureau. I actually have a shoebox in my bottom drawer with different Wiccan and witchy things.

"I also wrote to people beacause how do u organize a book of shadows." The things in my BOS were sort of just randomly put in there. Well I did try to start with really basic stuff. But for organized people, here's a basic outline. Keep in mind that you can include or not include what ever you want in your book of shadows. After all, it's personally yours:

1. TITLE PAGE -(WHAT YOU WANT TO CALL YOUR BOS)

2. LAWS OR RULES OF CONDUCT

3. INVOCATION TO THE GODDESS AND GOD, SUCH AS AN INVOCATION
TO BLESS THE BOOK

4. PERHAPS AN ALTAR DIAGRAM OF THE WAY AN ALTAR SHOULD BE PLACED

5. CIRCLE CASTING AND DISPERSING WITH INSTRUCTIONS AS TO HOW TO
DO EACH.

6. RITUALS: SABBATS,ESBATS , FULL MOON RITUALS, CONSECRATION
OF TOOLS,RECIPES FOR CAKES AND ALE

7. PRAYERS , CHANTS AND INVOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOICE

8. TOOLS OF THE CRAFT

9. SELF-INITIATION RITUAL

10. MAGICKAL RITES INFORMATION, HERBAL WORKING AND LORE, RECIPES, SYMBOLS AND SIGNS, PAGAN ALPHABET
(I got the BOS outline from a yahoo group i'm on, submitted by Edenbolake)
Wow, that was really long. Could you tell I was bored?
~Sara

Re: Re: Hey i Would Like Some advice!

hi, what i am bout to say is by no intention to upset or talk over others oppinions or beliefs.

Great to know you would like to become a wiccan and follow the wiccan faith,i have been wiccan now for the best part of my 8yrs now wow i feel old hehe,but what you have to remeber is that being wiccan like the rules say is harm ye none do as ye will, practising wicca (although i do understand how you feel i to also onece lived with my mam and dad who are christians and wouldnt accept it.)when you know your moms beliefs and views on the religion would not only hurt her terribly as this would be deciete but also show that you have no respect what so ever and a huge part of being wiccan is showing respect to one an other. There is so much to learn in this religion, and is not just glamourous but also a way of life i trust you have also read up on other religions not just the one you were given when brought into this world, doing that will also give you a wider range of choice of what is available and most important will suit you and your personal needs.Try reading more books and learn all there is to learn about wicca before you chose to do this also sit calmbly with your family and explaine everything you have learnt most important there is no devil or evil within the craft we do not celebrate it or condone it.
Jesus is also considered a deity one of many gods and goddess's which people in the craft have attached themselves to and also celebrate so you see jesus is not just a christian or catholic thing!
i do have a outline of how the book of shadows (BOS) should be done and put together but not wanting to be offensive after what i have read i dont personaly feel like you know everything there is to know or have a considerable knowledge of the craft it isnt just about spells. so instead of showing or entering the bos outlay i will post the 13 goals for a witch

1. Know Yourself

2. Know Your Craft

3. Learn

4. Apply Knowledge With Wisdom

5. Achieve Balance

6. Keep Your Words In Good Order

7. Keep Your Thoughts In Good Order

8. Celebrate Life

9. Attune With The Cycles Of The Earth

10. Breathe And Eat Correctly

11. Exercise The Body

12. Meditate

13. Honor The Goddess And God

wiccan rede (long version)
The Wiccan rede

Bide the Wiccan laws we must
In perfect love and perfect trust.

Live and let live
Fairly take and fairly give.

Cast the circle thrice about
To keep the evil spirits out.

To bind the spell every time
Let the spell spark in rhyme.

Soft of eye and light of touch
Speak little, listen much.

Doesil go by the waxing moon
Chanting out the witch's rune.

Widdershins go by the waxing moon
Chanting out the baneful rune.

When the lady's moon is new
Kiss thy hand to her, times two.

When the moon rides at her peak
Then your hearts desire seek.

Heed the north winds mighty gale
Lock the door, drop the sail.

When the wind comes from the south
Love will kiss thee on the mouth.

When the wind blows from the west
Departed souls will have no rest.

When the wind blows from the east
Expect the new and set the feast.

Nine woods in the couldron go
Burn them fast and burn them slow.

Elder be the Lady's tree
Burn it not or cursed you'll be.

When the wheel begins to turn
Let the Beltane fires burn.

When the wheel has turned to Yule
Light the log and the horned one rules.

Heed ye flower, bush, and tree
By the lady Blessed Be.

Where the rippling waters go
Cast a stone and truth you'll know

When ye have a true need
Hearken not to others greed.

With a fool no seasons spend

Lest ye be counted as his friend.
Merry meet and merry part

Bright the cheeks and warm the heart.
Mind the threefold law you should

Three times bad and three times good.
When misfortune is enow

Where the blue star on thy brow.
True in love ever beLest thy lover's false to thee.

Eight word the Wiccan Rede fulfillan
ye harm none, do what ye will.

i hope i have been of some use again i do not wish to upset or talk above or over anyone else if anyone feels i have done this then i appologise in advance.
if you would like to learn more i will send you some
my yahoo contact is Gia_782000 on yahoo messanger.i will be happy to give you more information and the old ways of the craft if you are intrested,if you add me to your messanger please send me an e-mail to the above to let me know. thank you
and blessed be

Gia