Return to Website

Wiccan Tradition Message Board

Have your say, or ask others out there about anything to do with Witchcraft, Wicca, the Occult or paranormal. Share your thoughts with others!

Wiccan Tradition Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clophill

i just wanted to tell ppl i went up 2 clophill beds.wiv 3 girlmates the other night and i never ever been so scared in my life,as we walked around the ruins and the grave yard beside and around the church you could feel yourself being watched, all of us felt there was certain areas we could not go.our video camera,which was fully charged kept cuttin out and in the end felt as tho we had 2leave,like we were being pushed away.we then returned to the car and found the battery was dead like the camera,it was interesting to go but i was glad to get away.

Re: Clophill

Been up there loads of times inc halloween. Not seen anything at all! Its a pretty scary place when its dark tho (try going there at 2 in the morning!). Im just about to pop up there now with a couple of people and ill get some photos of the place for a website I'm thinking of doing - if i get anything on film (or chip) all the better!
JD in Luton

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

i just wanted to tell ppl i went up 2 clophill beds.wiv 3 girlmates the other night and i never ever been so scared in my life,as we walked around the ruins and the grave yard beside and around the church you could feel yourself being watched, all of us felt there was certain areas we could not go.our video camera,which was fully charged kept cuttin out and in the end felt as tho we had 2leave,like we were being pushed away.we then returned to the car and found the battery was dead like the camera,it was interesting to go but i was glad to get away.

Re: Re: Clophill

MM Guys N Gals!

Nice to see others from the neighbourhood. I went to Clophill last Summer, it is pretty eerie. I've never been at night but I can imagen it's quite scarey too Sarah. The pictures should be good John, hope you post a couple.

More info; http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk/england/bedfordshire/bedfordshire1.html

Also, does anyone know of any groups around Beds/Luton apart from Benith the Birch?

BB Cheri

i have never been there but i intend to go, ive heard loads about that place. apparently a lot of satanists go up there for rituals as the tower faces the wrong diriction, apparently making it a direct portal to hell.
My boyfriend as been there once or twice and has seen a dead cat hanging from the tower and a load strange non english writing around the top. and him and his mates were sitting in the car and they got chased away by somthing down the road at 30 mph, that cant be human!!!

I've never been there of a night time though it's a very interesting place in the day.

Anyone fancy a group gathering there one night. We could scare the hell out of each other telling stories and enjoy the atmosphere ;o)

BB Cheri

Re: Re: Clophill

I would love to attend,
I have spent many a noght at Clophill church.
Eerie place.
Does anyone know of any groups in the Beds area I could join?

clop hill church is certainly a scary place. i have been up there numberous times when i was a teenager and it still scares me to this day. it is not so much what you see ( i havent seen anything) but it is the feeling that you get when your up there.

Personally I didn't find clophill at all scary, thought I only stayed til about 10pm. There was one scary thing that put the frighteners on. As we were walking down the raod towards the lane the church is on a cat run out in front of us and started howling, really loud. Kinda sounded like a dog. It was certainly creepy, must say i had ideas to turn back then.

neva bin there b 4 . Heard a story of a group of people who went there on motor bikes and a few of them chucked stones at the ruins. Those who chucked stones had their bikes burnt down. What could it be?????????? Also heard stories of some people who went and have never returned!!!!!!

The ruin of St Mary's Church Clophill does have a strange feel to it. Some have described it as a calm and still atmosphere. On their visit this was not the case. A feeling of immense energy within the Church ruin itself, combined with the history of St Mary's over the last few decades, only adds fuel to the speculation as to what has taken place here in the past, and maybe even continues to carry on today.

re: bb cheri conversation, i would love to go up to st marys church clophill late at night for a group gathering telling scary jokes and just generally exploring the church having a laugh at the same time. ps does anyone no if there are any tunnels underneath the church that we can get into and explore?. dave

Went up der last nyt took a while 2 find it was 45 mins drive from us . i didnt go in the ruins my 2 friends did .. they said they heard breathing it was about 11 oclock then old bill turned up :(.. see you up there

Such a shame! I've since moved to New Zealand. I see there are enough people here to gather for a night sitting. Maybe all you should organise a day/time? Do the Police go there often? Maybe the locals keep an eye out, if they do I guess they may have had some trouble in the past which will make it difficult for you to have a decent night out without intteruption.

Oh well, have fun people! :o)

BB Cheri

so who wants to arrange a date to go to clophill either daytime or night time? i met my boyfriend there ON HALLOWEEN 14 YEARS AGO and had my daughter the following halloween and she shows psycic tendancies!.I would like to revisit but only if i can get a group of people together,not to scare the pants off each other but to see if we can find anything.I have seen some bad things at clophill in the past.If your brave enough then get in touch!