Return to Website

Wiccan Tradition Message Board

Have your say, or ask others out there about anything to do with Witchcraft, Wicca, the Occult or paranormal. Share your thoughts with others!

Wiccan Tradition Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Recurring Dream or Astral Projection

I am hoping that I can get a little guidance regarding a recurring dream (?). Several times now I have fallen asleep/taken a nap only to discover that I seem to be wide awake. I can see the entire room, I can hear clearly everything that is going on around me. When I attempt to rise from the bed I feel weighed down and unable to do the simplest task of sitting up. This is usually when I begin to suspect that I am dreaming (possibly projecting?). Just this afternoon when this "dream" happened again, I looked up at my ceiling (which is seen in great detail as are all other objects I focus upon when I am in this state) and I saw something swirling around. What I mean is that there was nothing visibly there to see, except maybe a distortion which kind of looked like what a person might see when looking through the bottom of an clear, empty soda bottle. I could see the ceiling, but there were these swirls moving in kind of a spiral pattern. I panicked and attempted to awaken myself. Nothing was working. It seemed it took an interminable time to awaken myself from "dreaming". Everytime I relaxed to try and get my bearings, my breathing seemed to slow down and I became afraid that it would stop altogether. It was not an unpleasant feeling, but I was very afraid. Also, each time I noticed my breathing slowing down, the room would begin to darken and I felt as though I were sinking (through my bed? body?). Please help or refer me to where I can find some answers.