Return to Website

Wiccan Tradition Message Board

Have your say, or ask others out there about anything to do with Witchcraft, Wicca, the Occult or paranormal. Share your thoughts with others!

Wiccan Tradition Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Candle magic

Hi everyone,
I just stubled upon this site, and I am hoping this is the right place to post a question I have about candle magic.
I have read up on candle magic, and some articles say light the candle with a match, don't light the candle with a match?? Then there is putting out the flame, I've read use your breath, don't use your breath. And lastly, I've read you must let the candle burn to the end, and then another says it's ok to put out the flame, but don't use that candle again.
Can anyone clarify these contradictions for me please. I'm so confused
I thank you in advance for your guidance.
Kim

Re: Candle magic

To answer some of your questions, the first one is should how to light the candle. I personally do not see a difference. Although I can see where a match may be better since it is made of wood and that is from the earth.
Next, is how to put the flame. The spell will determine if you blow it out or let the candle burn out. Some spells you don't want to let the candle burn all the way, where some you do. Sometimes you will need to light the candle a few different days. The reason why I never reuse a candle that has been used in a spell is because it already has a connection to the spell. Kind of like when you wear a shirt all day, part of you is on the shirt. Well, I am sure that you would not go and take the shirt that someone else has worn and wear it (not without washing it first). Same thing with a candle used in a spell. I personally prefer to use new candles that I myself make before I do the spell. I feel that making my own candle adds a little punch to the spell, but it is not always required. Once again, if you need to add oils to the candle, you can do that while making the candle to again add more punch to the spell.

The only thing about magik is what works for you. If a love spell worked then use it. The same with candle magik, what works for you is what you use or do. so that is my advice

i think you should wait for the candle to burn at the end. just let it burn until the flame turns off by its self. you can light it up with a match. its not your breath, but with your saliva. by means of holding the candle and turning the candle clockwise three times and after that wet the thread of the candle by means of your saliva then light it with a match, and then read your spell.and let the candle burn by itself until its all gone.

Do you know a Wiccan or Mystical topic that should be discussed? yes