Return to Website

Wiccan Tradition Message Board

Have your say, or ask others out there about anything to do with Witchcraft, Wicca, the Occult or paranormal. Share your thoughts with others!

Wiccan Tradition Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clophill

My name is Jon and I'm a Paranormal investigator. I went up to Clophill the other day, the spirits there are more afraid of US than we are of them, due to supposed "satanists" though they are still more than one nasty entity left there attracted to the place, I'm interested in hearing if anyone knows the correct details on how the Church came to be in its present state.

Also anything about a priest and the ghost of a Young woman falling from the top of the tower.

My Thanks

Jon

Re: Clophill

Hi Jon.

A quick scan of the transcripts of the parish registers between 1567-1812 doesn't seem to offer any clues. So far as priests are concerned, The Rev Decimus Reynolds of Chalford St Giles, Aylesbury, was buried at Clophill on 13 December 1787 - can't think why he was not buried in the church he had led since 1735, so may be worth looking into.

As the village used to cluster around the church until every man, woman and child was killed by the plague - sometime in the 1300's, there is a lot of sadness in the area from the souls of those days. But my guess of the woman falling from the tower, would be a more recent suicide - after the church was abandoned in circa 1849 but whilst the staircase was still intact.

Just some thoughts but may be way off the reality.

Mike.