Return to Website

Wiccan Tradition Message Board

Have your say, or ask others out there about anything to do with Witchcraft, Wicca, the Occult or paranormal. Share your thoughts with others!

Wiccan Tradition Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wiccan in schools

My daughter has been told she needs to take RE as part of the National Curriculum. She is 14 and has no religion to speak of but has expressed an interest in Wiccan.
She mentioned this to her teachers during a conversation about this RE lesson where she had been originally told they will be learning more about their own religion. She was then told she cannot do this as it is "a dark art".
I have always allowed my children to express their opinions in such a way as not to offend people, and that opinions will always vary, but surely this is stopping my daughter from expanding her field of knowledge as far as world religions are concerned.
All she wants to do is a project on the subject!

Re: Wiccan in schools

I know what you and her both are going through. I am happy that my mom let me choose my religion as well do to the fact that both of my parents were in childrens homes that had Jesus and god throwen at them 24/7. corptal punshment was part of this church school as well. I went to highschool waring small pentacles that were not massive like most crosses I see. Advice is that you need to be carefull with this subject and school. my freshman year I was beat up in the girls locker room and had my cloths taken from me and torn up. You know what the funny thing is I never wore black. I looked like any other student. The principle told my parents maby I deserved it as punishment from god.

witches voice is a great place to get support for stuff like that concerning schools.

http://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.html?a=usfl&c=basics&id=2891

Do you know a Wiccan or Mystical topic that should be discussed? Not at the moment