Return to Website

Wiccan Tradition Message Board

Have your say, or ask others out there about anything to do with Witchcraft, Wicca, the Occult or paranormal. Share your thoughts with others!

Wiccan Tradition Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interested in understanding Wicca

Hi

My name is Peter.

Was talking to some people about witchcraft but they gave me strange answers.

I was wondering if there was any way of understanding what wicca means? what do you have to do in wicca? etc.

Plus if anyone is near Portsmouth in Hampshire and is willing to meet up and talk about it. It would would be greatly appreciated.

This may sound strange but i really am interested

Thanks
Peter

Do you know a Wiccan or Mystical topic that should be discussed? no

Re: Interested in understanding Wicca

there is actually a great book- its in the 'dummies' range- and is called 'wicca and witchcraft for dummies' its written by a wiccan and you can get it on amazon uk. I have one, i was really surprised they'd have one on this.
I am wiccan, and wicca is about (to me) the old ways, it involves- simply putting it- nature, I am a hedgewitch, and for me its about using plants,flowers etc for medicines, lotions etc- im fairly new to that part of it though- and was pleased when I saw BBC2 have a programme called 'how to grow your own drugs', the title is for shock- to make ppl look- but its basically a guy called James wong, he is an ethnobotanist. you can watch the episodes missed on www.bbc.co.uk/growyourowndrugs
I also do some spells, you have to understand that the main thing in wicca- is what you send out-comes back threefold, so it is one important thing to only do spells for good...and a spell is not what you might think, it isnt delusional (for the most part-i hope)i can fly, or ill turn you into a frog...it is more about willing things to happen-similur i suppose- to the christian 'prayer'. Wiccan has been around for a very long time- it pre-dates christianity and there are a lot of interesting things to learn.

hope that helps- i live in essex, so im afraid I can't meet with you-unless you are ever near romford.

peace be with thee

suzie