Return to Website

Wiccan Tradition Message Board

Have your say, or ask others out there about anything to do with Witchcraft, Wicca, the Occult or paranormal. Share your thoughts with others!

Wiccan Tradition Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
St Marys Church ruin,Clophill.

Hello everyone.
Am I the only one upset by the mindless desecration at St Marys?
I lived in Clophill for 23 years and visited the ruin from time to time.I love the atmosphere there and enjoy looking at the church and surroundings.I think it is a place of great beauty.
After living in Shefford for the past 8 months I recently found myself staying in Clophill for a week to look after my Mums dog.Obviously I wanted to head back up to the ruin...in fact I did so every day.
There has always been graffiti on the walls with some less than clever idiots "take on the world"...that's me being restrained!But I was totally appalled by the sights that greeted me this time.It was much worse.Do these people have no respect?I'm just so angry!I also noticed the amount of litter being left around the place and also that it seemed to increase with each visit I made.Cans,bottles,McDonalds bags!I took pictures of it all...not sure what I'm going to do with them yet?Maybe send them to the local council to remind them of St Marys existence?Clearly it is not being looked after!
The frustrating part is I have been looking for conservation related work for 8 months and have been met by many a closed door.So it is sad for me to see a place of such local historical significence being left to rot.Supposedly there is CCTV up there.It must be very cleverly positioned because I didn't see it and believe me I looked!
Sorry to run on folks but I feel very strongly about this and would be interested to hear more views.
Thanks for reading!
Sarah.