Return to Website

Taylor's R/C Airboat Message Forum

Welcome to Taylor's R/C Airboat messsage forum dedicated to R/C Airboats around the world. Add your comments, tips, tricks and anything you want about R/C Airboats!

Taylor's R/C Airboat Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PROP???

Hey. I just started a project of building a airboat. I using a weedeater engine. I dont know what size prop I need and what pitch the prop should be. Which one is better for the engine and give me the best power for that engine. If yall could help I would really appriciate it.

Re: PROP???

Hi, Larry Fleckinger here...I have never dealt with a weedeater motor so I would not have a clue...you could check with your local hobby shop and see if they could direct you....of course you will need a pusher prop so you may find your choices limited. Try to stay away from wood if possible.
Good Luck,
Larry

Re: Re: PROP???

Thanks for the advice. I talked to the people at the hobby shop and they said to go on internet forums and ask around for the size i need. I just started this project and I have pretty much no expirence doing this but I think i can do it.

Re: Re: Re: PROP???

Wes we have not done much with the airboats in a while although my son still has the one in the photos and it still runs GREAT!! We ran it at camp on the St. Johns River during Thanksgiving....Good luck with your project!
Larry

Re: Re: Re: Re: PROP???

Depending on what size motor, you will be able to swing a 15"-18" prop. Pusher or puller.
You'll find more useful information at www.rcairboats.net

Good luck and Happy Building!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: PROP???

at this point im running a 30cc john deer weedeater motor and turning a 14 by 7 pitch pusher prop to hit the 12000 rpm level for maximum thrust on a 14" by 23" aluminum hull and moving up to a 85cc ice auger motor where the prop will be a 18"by 10 pitch all props used are three bladded to eliminate all odd harmonics and pushers at that.

I am deeply attracted by your post. It is really a nice and informative one. I will recommend it to my friends. Also, you can try this game prodigy math game play free

Good day very nice site!! Man .. Excellent .. Wonderful .. I’ll bookmark your website