Return to Website

Taylor's R/C Airboat Message Forum

Welcome to Taylor's R/C Airboat messsage forum dedicated to R/C Airboats around the world. Add your comments, tips, tricks and anything you want about R/C Airboats!

Taylor's R/C Airboat Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: R/C Airboat Props!

because airboats are usually running below the speeds of a model aircraft props with high pitch are almost of no use as they cannot get the boat to 60+mph you will get better performance from a larger finer pitch prop this will give you better static thrust and therefore acceleration.

On my airboat the 11*6 gave more top speed than a 10*8 and 10*7 even though it has less pitch than the slightly smaller props this is all with a .46 there are some picson my website http://www.geocities.com/will_y66/home.htm

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

do you have some photo's of the airboat with the 23g gas engine?

Replying to:

I just built aulm.hull powered by g-23 gas engine.Running 3blade props.best luck so far has been whith a 16x10 cut down to 13" dia. or a 14x6 cut down to12.5"dia.both are from master airscrew.

Replying to:

As an added note we have been using a 14x6 APC prop cut down to a 12x6 for normal runnng. For drag racing we have been using the 11x7, but be warned this is turning the Saito .91 way to many rpm and could damage your engine. The price you pay for speed.