Return to Website

Support for People With Mental Illnesses

none

Support for People With Mental Illnesses
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can benefits be withheld if I dont take my 'pills'

Ok, heres the deal, I am an [and have been diagnosed with] OCD/depression since 96, I have had Congnitive behavioural therapy and also been prescreibed anti depression medication

Now every year or so I get the letter from the social asking a new sick note from the doctors, this sends me 'off on one' wherein I become angsnt ridden, become full of guilty thoughts (ohs theres **** all wrong with you, why do you need a sick note, you will fail in your request muhahahahah' etc)

EVERY YEAR THIS ****S ME OFF NO END, I need to know what the position is here?, as a diagnosed OCD/Depressive type am I destined to be in contact with bloody quacks/doctors (by this I dont mean the yearly sick note appointment but rather the theraputic side of things?) for the rest of the time period that covers my benifit claim?

Basically, I have been doing this **** for ten years and yes while I may be mentally ill and spending **** only knows how much cash on ******* cleaning products each week and taking 60 mins to have a shower etc quite frankly there is a part of my lonely existence that can live with these 'inconveniences'

Of course I dont want to pitch up to the doctors/quack and say this though because I am scared of losing my £70 per week (****ting myself because I dont want to lose my 'high roller status', ****s sake

Now the sad thing here is that as someone whom has [if you will] 'found my niche' I would sooner be honest with the quack about what I am happy doing (not being arsed with therapy etc) and as such perhaps someone else could use the allotted appointment time to good effect, instead I have this ******** situation (that it would seem many sufferers find themselves in) that sees me having to bull**** about 'how I am getting on with the pills etc' each time I go to the docs

If pitching up every month to 'show my face' and 'telling them what they need to hear' (insofar as maintaining my entitlement to my benefits goes) is all I can do then **** it I will carry on, hey if they want to beliveve they have 'helped' me out then **** it I will take my £70 in return for helping out their statistics and pharma share prices

I would like to think there is a better way though?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Can benefits be withheld if I dont take my 'pills'

I am in the UK BTW