Return to Website

Support for People With Mental Illnesses

none

Support for People With Mental Illnesses
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Avoidant Personality Disorder???

do i have Avoidant Personality Disorder? becuase during high school i dont have alot of freinds. i would not get involved with people and school activies. i would not go to school prom things like that when perople asked me if i want go to parties or something i would say no. i would not go out and meet new people. i always feel bored and nervous and emptiness. people would not talk to me. i always sit myself at lunch not with other people i would not join sports or clubs. And also i have very very low self esteem. i dont know what happen becuase in elementry school i had alot alot of friends, was involved alot things like sports clubs then in middle school and high school things suddenly change i dont know what happen. could it be Avoidant Personality Disorder? or other disorder that cuase me not very socially? do you think that i developed disorder when i started middle school or high school? and how did i developed it? please relay thanks lalaland

Re: Avoidant Personality Disorder???

I must have something similar. I would suggest to you that you may have suffered some kind of trauma and because you can't deal with it your mind has blocked it out. I know I did that until I went to a school reunion and someone reminded me of something that I had blocked out. The memories then came flooding back. I know that in my own case I avoid contact with people and strangers in particular because I feel threatened by them. I find it hard to trust and would rather bypass the opportunity to help someone to protect myself from negative contact. I would also suggest that you get in touch with a psychologist and possibly a psychiatrist to help you overcome your limitations. I have found that the right medicines have helped me to deal with situations that in the past I would have been completely frozen in fear about.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

do i have Avoidant Personality Disorder? becuase during high school i dont have alot of freinds. i would not get involved with people and school activies. i would not go to school prom things like that when perople asked me if i want go to parties or something i would say no. i would not go out and meet new people. i always feel bored and nervous and emptiness. people would not talk to me. i always sit myself at lunch not with other people i would not join sports or clubs. And also i have very very low self esteem. i dont know what happen becuase in elementry school i had alot alot of friends, was involved alot things like sports clubs then in middle school and high school things suddenly change i dont know what happen. could it be Avoidant Personality Disorder? or other disorder that cuase me not very socially? do you think that i developed disorder when i started middle school or high school? and how did i developed it? please relay thanks lalaland