Return to Website

Support for People With Mental Illnesses

none

Support for People With Mental Illnesses
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Seeking Online Friend(s)

Hi,seeking online friends to chat w/. I am 40 yrs old,w/2 kids. My 19 yr old dghtr has CP&RSD. I have recurring depression, its kept undr control as long I take medication. I have been diagnosed w/anxiety and panick attack disorder. Additionally, I have fibriomylgia. Right now I am involvd in a bitter and omplicated custody battle initiated by my ex-husb. Financially, things are very difficult right now for me. I am under-employed, I dont make enough $$ to cover all of my childrens or my needs. My dghtr & I require $800 worth of medication per month. Any singe parent out there shld know what I'm getting at.
I would like to chat online w/someone w/a similar background and life experiences.

Re: Seeking Online Friend(s)

hiya
im a 32 year old mum of four.i have a 12 year old son with adhd.im suffering from depression on and off for as long as i can remember.im taking prozac right now and its done wonders for me...although not for my waiste line lol.i too am divorced and went through the horrible divorce and custody process.im now engaged to a wonderful man.id realy like an online buddy with something in common with me to share stories and advice

bec

Re: Re: Seeking Online Friend(s)

Hi Bec:

Thanks for your message, really excited to have found someone I have something in common. I've been on so many anti-depressants thru out the past 10 yrs that I cant honestly remember what the last one was. I've never been on Prozac though I have heard some good things abt its effectiveness. I know what you mean abt the expanding waistline.

Abt a year ago, after my divorce (he decided hed rather drink and party than have wife and family) I had to start new anti-depressant medication and it worked great but I went from 120 pounds (size 8) to 160 pounds (size 16!)

Since I cant afford medical ins, I go to the local county mental hlth clinic for treatment/tx. The psychitrist I see now is really nice and knowledgeable. She put me on something called Cymbalta, its new, which helps w/the pain and the depression. W/out the Cymbalta I would have to take prescription pain medication, Vicodin, Demoral, etc. Right now I can get by w/naproxen sodium and/or Alleve. Every once in a while I might need something stronger but I just grin and bear it since I dont have a dr that will prescribe anything stronger.

Sorry, I so happy abt having someone to talk too Im just going on & on. You sd your son has adhd, does he require medication.

I have a 6yr son and I worry abt him having a learning/behavior disability. Its a long story, I had complications during the pregnancy and his father's DNA isnt that great so I try to keep on top of how he does in school. His father's side of the family is rife w/dyslexia and his father still drinks and uses marijuana on a regular basis.

Could you tell me abt the custody battle you had w/your ex-husb. My custody battle began this past Spring/early Summer and its still going strong. Right now we're in the middle of the evaluation process. I was terrified when I found out I had to take some pyschological tests as part of the evaluation process. I havent gotten the results but I hope and pray it comes out good.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Email me at emmathomas@comcast.net