Support for People With Mental Illnesses

none

Support for People With Mental Illnesses
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: rights of patients/carers

hi you do sound fed up.looking after someone with mental health problems has to be the most thankless job in the world.have you read patrick holfords book, optimum nutrition for the mind?its not a miracle cure but gives lots of tips and advice that can help.personally if i could turn back time i would not take my son anywhere near a shrink.ultimatly however you have to do what you feel is best for yourself and your partner.let the family go on a guilt trip later if need be.i guess coming to terms with the reality of their relatives illness is something of a shock,but they do sound very unsupportive.

Re: Re: Re: rights of patients/carers

Thanks for your reply, no, they're not at all supportive, they like to think they are,but they're not. And yes, I'm extremely fed up, I've been in tears today wondering what the hell is next, in fact, I don't know if I should bother calling the mental health team AT ALL, I think I know enough by now to help her myself-but then maybe that's a bridge too far to be thinkiing about, I really don't know at the moment. Im'm all confused right now, don't know which way to go or who to like or hate, I actually feel VERY isolated and trapped, in fear for me and my Jessica's future . I'm gonna chat with Jessica soon and find out what she wants to do, because that's one area where they don't really think of, they don't really ask her, only the other day her Aunt was talking about the CPN's to her, and Jess told her straight she doesn't wqant them in her life, her Aunt didn't take a LIND bit of notice and just made out Jessica is freaking out, very clever . It's a big shame about your son, I've heard of situations like that, and in Chase Farm Hospital, where Jess was the first ime, well, they're not much better. The attitudes for starters are right off.

Re: Re: Re: Re: rights of patients/carers

couldnt agree more,patients with cancer,heart problems and these days even aids have rights,but loose your marbles and you have no rights,its a scandal but as most people still will not talk about mental health issues its one the professionals are getting away with. My son likes to wear black,which is not a crime but,its written down in his notes and is discussed at ward round..yet a lad I work with who is "normal" wears a base ball cap all the time and no one bats an eyelid.you really couldnt make it up.
really hope everthing works out for you and jessica.try not to let them beat you.