Support for People With Mental Illnesses

none

Support for People With Mental Illnesses
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: can anyone help im newbie

hello i am new to.i am up at night in america i dont know if i can help but i too suffer from bi-polar,manic depression and would like if possable to talk also i will talk if you want..jason

I'm new to this too. It's a bit scary! I'm always happy to chat if you want to email me. I'm looking for people to chat to so we can support one another.

Pookie

I too am new to this. Due to my illness and/or bad sleep habits I'm often up until 2 a.m. in the morning. I have depression and anxiety. I highly recommend both a psychologist and a psychiatrist. I can't emphasize how important it is to have a good one. I know that groups exist where there is a facilitator and the rest of the group are mental health sufferers. That could be a good start for you. I have been a member of a self help center where an organization that is supported by the state with various grants organizes group activities. This may help you to get out of your shell. I know the web address for the group I'm talking about is www.selfhelpcenter.org. There may be links to where a similar group exists in your area. In other words leave no stone unturned.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

hi im new here and have not been on a computor for 5 years,so forgive me ect.Firstley when is a good time to enter the chat room,i felt a bit low and entered but no one was in ther ive had depression for 5 years,lost all my mates can anyone recomend how to find some good frendships on the net for support and most of all some laughter,I dont get out much due to my illness but im trying to turn things round by comming on the pc and joining new groups.can anyone give advice?herb

Re: Re: can anyone help im newbie

I am in a similar situation.Have been depresses all my life. I gave up on medicatin treatments as they didn't help me. I know they do help many so I am not suggesting anyone do what I did. I am very much alone and would really like to make a friendship with someone that understands.