Return to Website

Support for People With Mental Illnesses

none

Support for People With Mental Illnesses
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Rarity from the Hollow:

I'm a Therapist in a children's mental health program. My first novel, "Rarity from the Hollow" is now for sale at www.fatcatpress.com. It's the first in a series entitled, "Lacy Dawn Adventures." The protagonist is an empowered victim who saves the universe (science fiction). A percentage of any proceeds will prevent child abuse in West Virginia where I work. More significantly, it was written to enrage readers about the social issue.

I'm writing to request that you tell your members, staff, volunteers, and friends about the novel. While heart-felt, it’s a fun read for anybody interested in the genre. I don't make enough money to properly promote this project and, therefore, depend on people like you.

Sincerely,

Robert Eggleton, MSW

Re: "Rarity from the Hollow:Update

The following links exemplify outcome to date:

www.fatcatpress.com - the publisher, click on the book cover for a sample and to order

www.wingspanquarterly.com -- a satirical essay about its promotion, click on the cover, then my name

www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/BookDetails.asp?BookID=30929 -- $2 more here, but different electronic formats, such as to take on the trail or to the beach

www.okalrel.org/lynda_reads/2006/11/rarity-from-hollow-by-robert-eggleton.html --
Most recent mention

www.specficworld.com/books/index.html -- a site that gave me free advertising for a year

www.baryon-online.com/baryon103/rarho.html -- 1st professional review, by a famous science fiction reviewer

http://www.missourireview.com/tmr-blog/?p=310 -- most recent review by the editor of a major (top ten at worst) book review firms, 1st ebook review I think, and usually into literary rather than science fiction

http://katlynstewart.com/author.htm -- 1st free advertising on a child abuse survivor site

Lots of other, often repetitive, stuff is on other sites. As you know, author proceeds go to a child abuse prevention program.

Thanks, Bob