Return to Website

Support for People With Mental Illnesses

none

Support for People With Mental Illnesses
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RTS-Reversing The Stigma

As you all know from my previous message, I am trying to form a foundation to Reverse The Stigma Against Mental Illness in our Country. I have a new website it is at www.reversingthestigma.org if any of you are interested in visiting it.

I am looking for anyone to join me in my quest. I understand that some of you will not be able to, and others will simply not be willing to. For either of these people this is who we will be fighting for as well. And I am ok with Both of these reasons, however this does not discourage me from asking or trying to encourage those of you who are interested in joining me.

I have had some responese. We will be campaigning through the media and bringing the message to the general public, instead of waiting for them to come to us. I think it is about time we took a stand and made a change for the good for our people who suffer from mental illness.

I for one am tired of the labels, and stigma attached when my symptoms come out, how about you? This is an honest attempt to sincerely bring to the table the issues that defeat us all in the cold cruel world.

The plain and simple fact of the matter is, there are alot of places to go to when we all need help, BUT only those who are MOTIVATED to get the help will seek out the help. So we have to bring the message to those who are not motivated or they will continue acting the way they always have. Stigmatizing everyone who is mentally ill, brushing a symptom off as immaturity, calling us crazy and locking us up instead of getting us help. We need to research, edcuate, inform, and make a stand.

Please help me if you can, and I'm fighting for you if you can't.

Andrea