Support for People With Mental Illnesses

none

Support for People With Mental Illnesses
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: HELP! My husband is leaving me!!!!!

Andria, I'm so sorry to hear that your husband is leaving you. It is so ironic that your story is almost what I am going through only in reverse. My husband has been suffering with mental illness and drug addiction for many years. I have supported him in every endeavor that he wanted to take. I have been there through thick and thin and believe me there was a lot of thicks. Domestic abuse, car accidents, so many I cannot tell you. Just this week he broke a promise to me that he would never take Zanax again and he did. I'm on my way to divorce court! But I am so confused. We have a 6 years son a beautiful home that we have been remodeling for the past 14 year. I just don't want to throw all that away. But how many times does one stick around for the bad times before they finally end and all is happy again. I don't want to be 80 years old and with a mentally ill drug addict and by then maybe i;ve turned into on myself. I know this does not help you much, other than knowing that there is someone on the other side that is just as confused and not sure what to do. I don't know how long you and your husband have been together. But I'm sure you've been through some rough times together. My husband and I have often said that we have been through such rough times that we are bound to stay together for life. Well I've hit the end of my rope and I just don't know what to do. Give him another chance?? Keep living a lie?? I hope all works ok with you. Please let me know. Write me back! Thanks, Chris

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

As most of you most of you are aware, I have been trying to start up my foudation to combat the stigma's against Mental Illness. Well isn't it ironic, my hsband informed me last night that he cannot continue in our marraige any more BECAUSE of my illness. It's been coming for awhile, but I'm still in shock.

He's been closed off to me for quite some time and I thought I would let him have his space, but I was wrong. Now I'm a Manic, Anxious Mess, and I neeeed some words of wisdom. Please help me this time.

I don't want to try to fix my marriage, because he is the most nonunderstanding person I have ever had the displeasure of knowing (that's the anger talking). He actually asked me if I thought other people should make excuses for my behvior. Like I was expecting special treatment. That is not it at all. I just think we should expect to be treated with equality. And not be austrisized for being ill. I need reasurance that I am not alone.

Please Help!!!!!