Return to Website

Support for People With Mental Illnesses

none

Support for People With Mental Illnesses
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: HELP! My husband is leaving me!!!!!

Thanks for your thoughts, but I have explained until the cows have come home, it doesn't get me anywhere. I just had a realization though, we seem to feed off of each others negative energy. And this makes my sypmtoms come out. So maybe this is for the best.

We had been going back and forth as to whether or not we were going to break up or not over the past couple of days, but today I feel like it's inevitable.

He came home las night all bent about his day, I was in a good mood and instnatly he turned me into a bad mood. What does that say about our relationship. I can't take the roller coaster any more.

I think he suffers from some sort of depression but wont get treatment for it. Just wants me to get fixed. Sorry there are two people in this. Anyway, whatever happens I'm in a better place today than I was last week.

Thanks again for your thoughts, I beleive there is truth in your words, he truely doesn't understand, but more to the point he doesn't WANT to understand.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi there,

Just wanted to tell you that I was in a similar situation with a boyfriend I was dating.

He left me because of my mental illnesses, saying that I was too depressed for him, that I was anorexic, and that he could no longer stand to see cuts on my arms. Talk about feeling depressed when he told me all that.

Unfortunality, I can't offer you any advice, but I DO want you to know that I DO understand what you are feeling and where you are coming from.

Sometimes people who don't understand mental illnesses just can't deal with them. MAybe explain to your husband exactally what you are going through, and then it will be able for him to understand.

Take care and God Bless]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

As most of you most of you are aware, I have been trying to start up my foudation to combat the stigma's against Mental Illness. Well isn't it ironic, my hsband informed me last night that he cannot continue in our marraige any more BECAUSE of my illness. It's been coming for awhile, but I'm still in shock.

He's been closed off to me for quite some time and I thought I would let him have his space, but I was wrong. Now I'm a Manic, Anxious Mess, and I neeeed some words of wisdom. Please help me this time.

I don't want to try to fix my marriage, because he is the most nonunderstanding person I have ever had the displeasure of knowing (that's the anger talking). He actually asked me if I thought other people should make excuses for my behvior. Like I was expecting special treatment. That is not it at all. I just think we should expect to be treated with equality. And not be austrisized for being ill. I need reasurance that I am not alone.

Please Help!!!!!