Support for People With Mental Illnesses

none

Support for People With Mental Illnesses
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ok mister L

You are not alone, and we all feel like we are alone sometimes. But just hang in there. If you get a good doctor, they can diagnose what is going on with you. Mental Illnesses can be tricky. There are so many symptoms, don't let them tell you that you are imagining things.

Mental Illness can make it hard to concentrate, hard to hold down jobs, and hard to function in "normal" situations because our "symtoms" come out and are misinterperated as a behavior instead of an illness.

Try to keep this in mind. The fact that you may be unable to stop your symptoms from coming on is not your fault.

And if the doctor that you go to see does not help, go to another one. Misdiagnosis can hurt us more than anything else. We need a proper diagnosis to be properly treated.

You came to the right place for support, just keep you chin up and get the help you need.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I'm 17 and going crazy, or at least I think I am. I'm really messed up, but i'm completely aware of it. Thats what makes it tough, i wish i could just get better or just snap, i don't care which. my mind will never stop thinking, alls i want is a break from my conscience. and it gets worse, my mood flutuates weekly if not daily. it's really hard to deal with simple tasks like calling friends or even my girlfriend. I recently told my parents i have a problem after a few years of wondering if something was really wrong with me, but its been getting worse lately. I'm going to see a doctor in a week but i wonder if i'm even going to make it. I wonder why i'm even writing this, i guess it does help a little bit just knowing i'm not alone out there.

Re: ok mister L

I think being able to talk about it to someone who seems to at least know what you are going through helps. I hope you make it to the doctor in time.

I really wish there was a shorter wait once someone goes to get help

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I'm 17 and going crazy, or at least I think I am. I'm really messed up, but i'm completely aware of it. Thats what makes it tough, i wish i could just get better or just snap, i don't care which. my mind will never stop thinking, alls i want is a break from my conscience. and it gets worse, my mood flutuates weekly if not daily. it's really hard to deal with simple tasks like calling friends or even my girlfriend. I recently told my parents i have a problem after a few years of wondering if something was really wrong with me, but its been getting worse lately. I'm going to see a doctor in a week but i wonder if i'm even going to make it. I wonder why i'm even writing this, i guess it does help a little bit just knowing i'm not alone out there.