Return to Website

Support for People With Mental Illnesses

none

Support for People With Mental Illnesses
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Paranoia & anger issues

I hear your anger, and I have been very angry as well. It is a serious problem in our society that we are discrimnated against and Stigmatized because of our illnesses, yet the so called "normal" people act in ways that SHOULD be considered ILL.

Do you think you could channel your anger into a positive direction? If so, I am forming a foundation called Reversing The Stigma Of Mental Illness. It's purpose is to be run by our people, (the mentally ill) gather accurate data, and run an ad campaign to inform the public that we are NOT defined by our ILLNESSES.

It is our symptoms that glare in the faces of our oppressors. And it's the misunderstandings of our symptoms that give our illnesses such misconceptions.

Reversing The Stigma, will be run by The Menally Ill, proving that we are employable, competant people who simply have an illness.

You mentioned that you had a hard time looking people in the eyes, I can't eat with groups of people, I get nervous and have hiccup attacks, and almost choke.

People misconcieve our symptoms because they are BEHAVIORS and the source is confined to the cerabella. If a person is in a wheel chair, it is clear what the problem is. When a person has a mental illness the problem cannot be seen.

But we cannot just go out and KILL all the normal people, we need to inform them.

Would you be interested in joining us, and channeling your energies in the positive direction toward informing the public in a way that would help to Reverse The Stigma?

If so, you can visit our website at www.reversignthestigma.org

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hello everyone, my name is Kwizatz, and I thought I'd introduce myself and say somethings. First off, I am a 29 year old European-American male. I live in Michigan and just recently got hired at Home Depot. Yeah!

Anyways, I've been having some problems lately. A lot of times i have difficulty making eye contact with people. I sometimes feel that they are talking behind my back. I don't know if this is my illness, because I was diiagnose as Schizoaffective with Bipolar symptoms tending towards depression. See, I grew up in Special Wd, which should be no big deal, but as soon as I got of high school, I really started having serious symptoms. I finally had to get help, because I was afraid I was going to kill my girlfriend of the time. Anyways, I am living independently and all, but at tiumes I feel paraoid andf really angry. I guess you could say I have a prejudice against so called "normal" people. O really wish at times that I could do something to teach norms a lesson. I know revenge is not the best way, but when I look at the torment they put me and my family through in school, and then all the dumb and ignorant things they say, I sometimes think we would be better off withoout anymore of them on this planet. At least I wish we could send, say a third, to another plabet where they can kill and hate each other like they do here. What gets me is that when you hear about some dude on the news with mental illness doing something wrong they say "See. you can't trust those psychos." Yet, they have been in control of everything on this world since forever and look at all the things yhey do: kill, steal and destroy everything they touch.

I know I should let go oif my bitterness, but I want just for ONCE for US to call the shots. I want just one time for them to know what it is like to be imprisoned in mental health gulags a.k.a group homes. I guess maybe the reson I hold onto it is because I have been praying for VENGANCE for so long, I don't know what other reason I have to live. I want them to pay and I want them to know whatr powerlessness feels like.

I guess my best advice is don't trust norms. Their inherently evil and cruel. I believe someday we will have to revolt, because the only thing they understand is POWER and $$$$$. Compassion or mercy is just a facade. The less norms that share the same air as we do the better off we are/

Kwizatz Hadderach

Re: Re: Paranoia & anger issues

Hi,

I am not in to labelling at all. I know what it is to feel angry and alienated and to believe "normal" people are without understanding or brains at all. But, it's important to remember that they're all individuals, and some of the "norms" are people that feel as much pain as you or I, but are not revealing it. Do you do much reading? I'd say I feel befriended by books, often. Writers can have this outsider's take on things...in fact, I don't know if you can develop much insight without some degree of aloneness and detachment. So, what do you do with your sensitivity? Seems you have enormous passion you could express in some art form. I think that when others hurt us, they hurt themselves...and it works the other way too...hurting others can ultimately destroy you. So I am with you in wishing that you make a solid legitamate place for the way you see things, and that you will be heard. (me too_) Peace.