Return to Website

Support for People With Mental Illnesses

none

Support for People With Mental Illnesses
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Seretonin vs. Dopamine

Hi guys, I have struggled with BPD for many years and only with in the past 5 years have been medicated.

My symptoms always seemed to overwelm my life and cause distruction to my relations.

It has only been recently that my doctors changed the way they medicate me. For the past 5 years my doctors have replaced the seretonin levels, with little improvement. About 6 months ago my doctor changed the approach and started me on a Dopamine inhibitor. Turns out that this is finally working.

This has changed my life. My symptoms are finally under control. I no longer have severe highs and lows.

As many of you may know, my marriage was almost a casualty of this illness. Because of the fact that I am able to control the manic episodes, my marriage has servived. My husband no longer has a maniac on his hands, and I am not experiencing many ill side affects.

I thought this information may be helpful to some of you, as an accurate diagnosis is crucial to our recovery and maintenance.

So if you experience that your medications are not as affective as they should be, maybe it is the wrong approach. May just maybe you will receive relief from your symptoms, like I have, if you are unsuccessful with your current medications, althought a true BPD will have flucuations from time to time as things change, at least a new approach may be helpful.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!