none

Support for People With Mental Illnesses
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sacrificing for happiness

Hi Chad.

i have just read your story and i am so sorry to hear what is going on in your life. it must be hard for you, i also suffer from depression and think that it was brought on from seeing this girl i am now with.

i have only suffered from it for a few months now but i can say one thing god what hell i am going through and i fully understand what you are going through.

i dont have any children but i wish i did but to try to decide to go or stay must be hard for you and i just want to let you know i am here if you want to talk. i know this message is two days late but i find that not alot of people come on this site which is a shame cause it is a good site.we need people around us when we are suffering and at the moment it sounds like you need as many people around you as possible if people are your proper friends they will not judge but listen and try and help take care chad i hope to speak to you again....

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I've suffered from depression for many years now and it is obviously hereditary since my father has it as do others in my family. I've seen several psychiatrists and have tried many drugs but nothing seems to work. I have everything in the world to be happy about (I'm successful, have two perfect sons, a good life, etc.) but I just can't get happy.

I'm married to my high school sweetheart and we are going on 13 years now. For the past several years I have not felt the same toward her and I always blamed the depression.

Recently I've been re-aquainted with a girl from my past and, to make a long story short, we have fallen in love with each other. We both want the same things in life and feel like we are lacking the same things. I want to leave my wife to be with her because I am happy when I am with her.

The most unfortunate part, though, is being with her requires me to relocate 3,000 miles away from my current wife and sons (long story so please don't ask.) I'm very torn. I love this woman and I know I will be happy with her. But how can I leave my sons? How could I live with myself if I sacrifice my kids' happiness for my own? But how can I continue living unhappily as I have been?

Any advice would be most appreciated. This is really tearing me up.

Thank you very much,

Chad