Return to Website

Support for People With Mental Illnesses

none

Support for People With Mental Illnesses
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new here

My name is Brenda, my mother became noticably ill when I was 9 years old. She was a single parent, my dad is a retired top official of the U.S. Navy. He never mailed me a card, present or even phoned me. I did not meet him until my mothers death, when I was 30 years old. By age 11 my grandmother took me & my mom into her home because my mom had become too psychotic to maintain a job or a residence on her own anymore. My grandmother told me to stay in our room where my mother would smoke 4 packs of cigareetes a day & yell at the voices she heard in her head all hours of the day & night. And then she put Boric Acid on her face before my grandmother finally called the police for help. But the police said there was nothing that they could do because she wasn't being a danger to anyone. But she was. She was a danger to me. To get away from the insanity I ran the streets. School was just a place to be baby-sat. I was raped & molested by 26 different adults by age 15 some repeatedly. I also had sex with boys my own age. I did drugs to laugh about it, I even attempted suicide repeatedly.

I now have a mental problem myself, so if you don't see me going to my doctors or taking my med.s then please take me to a doctor, lock me up. But please do something.