Witch Board

a place for teens to chat, meet, ask questions, post spells or whatever!

Witch Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Portals.

Over my years of being a practising Wiccan, the word 'Portal' has come up a lot. I was wondering, what IS a portal, how do you open and close them, and what are they for? Please email me!

Oh, and your website is the best I've ever come across!

Re: Portals.

Portal, i think is just a fancy way of saying "door way" or a gateway. Like a doorway to the spirit world. people will say portal to be all smart sounding. So whenever anyone talks about a portal, think doorway or gateway. Just a way to enter this "other place" they're talking about.

still confused? i am. no really, if you are, post again.

-med

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Over my years of being a practising Wiccan, the word 'Portal' has come up a lot. I was wondering, what IS a portal, how do you open and close them, and what are they for? Please email me!

Re: Re: Portals....oops

in my medicine-head world, i skipped the other part of your question. how do you open them? this i'm not too sure on how to answer. i guess it would depend on what youre exactly entering and why. i tend to stay with my feel planted firmly on our mother earth. you won't find me on any astral plane.....sorry i can't be of more help in that department. maybe someone else could?

Replying to:

Portal, i think is just a fancy way of saying "door way" or a gateway. Like a doorway to the spirit world. people will say portal to be all smart sounding. So whenever anyone talks about a portal, think doorway or gateway. Just a way to enter this "other place" they're talking about.

still confused? i am. no really, if you are, post again.

-med

Replying to:

Re: Portals.

A Portal is a doorway to another place/demension. These are extremely dangerous and should be closed the second they are found. The asural plan is reached though your mind, not a Portal.

As far as opening them goes DON'T!! There is no way to control what demension they will be a doorway to, or what can and can not move though them. As I said before this is highly dangerous.

As for closing them, first make sure that whatever came though them is back where it should be. Then, ocncentrated pure/blessed energy, along with lots of wards can be used to close them. The only one I have ever closed was very hard to do, because it opened into a dark and powerful place. It took 4 powerful people to closed, and one very powerful person to put up the wards. All and all that is 5 people for one doorway. Also, it tock us a month of re-closing smaller ones, and putting up more wards before it stayed closed.

I know it is possible to make a portal to a happy place, but then something bad could go into it from this world. I don't recommend messing with this aspect of Magick, unless you plan on becoming a guard who closes, and watches over closed portals.

Hope this helped you, Merry Meet and Merry Part

Replying to: