Welcome to the message page of 709th Maint Bn. & the 99th CSB

709th Maint Bn. & The 99th CSB
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Info on 709th Maint

Dean,

Nice site, I think I have some pics of Ben Luc I'll have to dig through my pics, I'll e-mail them to u.

Terry Ashcraft

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Dean sometime in june I will start looking through my slides. Im have a bounch that maybe of some help. Roy

Replying to:

I am looking for Info on the base camp that the 709th Maint serv. on. Dong Tam, Ben Luc, Bear Cat, Tan An Was There any other bases. I am looking for photo of the main gates, Photo of the the

base camp Signs, and any other useful Info. for the 709th web site. Does Any one have photo of the POL Dump fire at Dong Tam or Tan An. I also need help making a list of other units that serv. on the bases

Thank You

Dean Ayres

Re: Info on 709th Maint

Looking for members of 709th ECo who served at Dong Tam From Januaryb67-November-67. Roy Francis

Replying to:

I am looking for Info on the base camp that the 709th Maint serv. on. Dong Tam, Ben Luc, Bear Cat, Tan An Was There any other bases. I am looking for photo of the main gates, Photo of the the

base camp Signs, and any other useful Info. for the 709th web site. Does Any one have photo of the POL Dump fire at Dong Tam or Tan An. I also need help making a list of other units that serv. on the bases

Thank You

Dean Ayres

Hi Dean,

D Co., 709 was at Ben Luc at least for a couple of years until at least 1969/70, not B co.. Have some pic's of Ben Luc when we were attached to the 1st then the 3rd of the 9th. Have no scanner but if you post a mail address will attempt to mail some pics from that era. Your doing a great job!

Best,

Mac

Replying to:

Thank You

Dean Ayres

Re: Re: Info on 709th Maint

Hi Jim Thank You If you mail me the pics i will Scan and mail them back also maybe a short storie about them for i was not there at that time Thank you . Dean Ayres P. O. Box 96 Phoenix, Md. 21131

Replying to:

Hi Dean,

D Co., 709 was at Ben Luc at least for a couple of years until at least 1969/70, not B co.. Have some pic's of Ben Luc when we were attached to the 1st then the 3rd of the 9th. Have no scanner but if you post a mail address will attempt to mail some pics from that era. Your doing a great job!

Best,

Mac

Replying to:

Thank You

Dean Ayres

Dean,

Got to Dong Tam after their fire, but have pics of POL dump in Tan An and others. Been looking for photo gallery or where to post them. Let me know and I will put them on.

Steve

Good work on site.

Replying to:

Thank You

Dean Ayres

I got here by the Octofoil Webring. Don't know exactly what the 709th Maint did but will be checking out the rest of your site. I was at Ben Luc and have some pictures too. Check out the 31st Regiment site for some of them in the Features, Scrapbook section. You can link to the 31st site through my site at http://pub39.ezboard.com/b6thbattalionofthe31stinfantry Just go to the links section.

Replying to:

Thank You

Dean Ayres

Dean,

I have slides of the C Company 709th forward base at Xuan Loc. Unfortunately, my scanner doesn't have a slide attachment. I will get them scanned and posted to you.

I joined the company at Xuan Loc in Nov 67. We returned to Bear Cat sometime in January 68. I was on a contact team at a small fire support base during Tet 68 and we had already returned to base camp.

Is this the type of stuff yoou are looking for?

Will