​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Official Website of the Foxhunters Hall of Fame

MASTERFOX
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Re: Camp Shelby outside hunt

All got to have is an old slow wore out track hound that want leave the country. The fastest track running hounds be gone and out of the hunt before the scoring starts. So be prepared to get it handed to ya by an old country boy n his out of shape ,old deer dogs come get Yall some.

Them big high powered down south hounds are going to have a hard time this year!! Leaf flippers are the hounds to get it this year!! So yaw come on up an enjoy the ride chasing after them power hounds!!(all in fun)

GOOD! WE GOT LEAF FLIPPERS TOO.

It sounds like things are looking up for me and heath.
Leaf flippers and trotters, we got that part covered Dan.

What are you thinking Clayton? Youre not gonna have the running we did. Lightening dont strike the same place twice. Dont take Daniel and Slim to our secret spot.

I SEEN WHERE SAMMY WAS LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO RUN DOGS IN TEXAS. HE MUST HAVE HEARD WE WAS COMING. SAMMY YOU DONT HAVE TO GO ALL THE WAY TO TEXAS TO GET AWAY FROM THE POWER DOWN SOUTH! 1 LOCAL DOWN ALREADY!!!

ALL WE GOT IS SOME OLE 3 DAY TROTTERS. IM TRYING TO GET HEATH TO COME AND SHOW US HOW ITS DONE

Sammy told me last night that we better be glad he was at work so we could listen to something other than molly. what u think sammy?

How is this hunt judged? Hunters or are they povided an are they stationed in certian areas or will they all chase one pack. Not starting anything just would like to know before i make the trip I love outside running but i do not like to be cheated. Thanks for your time.

THE LAST 2 YEARS THERE WERE OVER 30 JUDGES THAT SCATTERED WITH THE DOGS. I BELIEVE THERE ARE MORE THAN THAT JUDGING THIS YEAR. CAMP SHELBY HAS THE LAND TO HOLD ANY MAJOR HUNT IN THE COUNTRY IN MY OPINION. THIS IS A GREAT HUNT WITH GREAT RUNNING AND GREAT FELLOWSHIP. FOLKS WILL HELP YOU GET YOUR DOGS UP. CANT ASK FOR ANY BETTER. ALSO, IF YOU NEED A PLACE TO STAY THE NIGHT FREE OF CHARGE LET ME KNOW. GOT A CAMP 5 MILES FROM CAST.AS DO SEVERAL OF THE LOCAL GUYS. GRANT, CLAYTON, LARRY,SAMMY DO A GREAT JOB WITH THIS HUNT. LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

You could probably hear ole Molly from Texas. My buddy 5-Speed aint gonna let you guys beat up on me at the hunt he plans on dragging a few of them 27 day units around.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like it should be fun.An clean. Thanks

BTT

Hows practice been going up that way boys? Yall about ready for us to come get your money yet? AGAIN!!!

JUST ABOUT AS READY AS WE CAN GET

Whats your picks of the top 10? but name only the hometown boys so we know who we after!

top pick
Whats your picks of the top 10? but name only the hometown boys so we know who we after!

Backstrom, Jamie Welborn, Ryan Phillips,Randy Smith, Bro. Shane, Chris Phillips, Tim Woods,Bobby McSwain,Buck Clark,Don Shaw,Chance Edwards, (Allen don't forget him)Chris Langley just a few to watch for Brad Talley its going to be a toss up it will be a good one I PROMISE Hope to see you there.

Probably anyone with a good track running deer dog!!

1 who dont know. did you know this is a outside hunt? some of the names you post are mostly pen hunters. a couple are scared of hunting on the outside. how can they be "ones to beat" just curious.... im pulling for the track dog!!! happy hunting

Oh yeaaaa I forgot about that ole man in Richton who has lucked up a few times and won a few outside hunt. I think his name is PaPa Joe or something like that,ole man he has a track running dog or two.

U Better watch D SEYMOUR ALSO He coming for blood

THERE WERE SEVERAL PEOPLE DOWN IN PETER CAMP LAST FRIDAY NIGHT THAT HAS A GOOD SHOT HAD SOME GREAT RUNNING FROM LIL AFTER 9 PM TILL AFTER SUN UP. MY BET WOULD BE ON ONE OF THEM

A good track running dog and alot of luck to win this one if your dog don't get seen you will not be in the top ten. I know everybody will bring their best to this hunt but most is going to be luck and getting seen. I've been to alot of outside hunts and its all about luck and being seen, I hope ya'll have alot of fun and enjoy the hunt. Good Luck to all.

This is a 3 hour hunt last I checked, not a 8 hour. My picks would be Sammy Murphy, Scott Shows, Joe Meadows,Ryan Phillips, Brad Talley, Bro Shane, Lil Bobby, Lil Gatwood, all these have won outside hunts or placed n most of the outside hunts this year and have been to deal with, they all have hounds we would all love to own. Put your money on the local boys, they Gona take your money this year.

Me and Jase Gatewood is putting on the hunt this year and will not be running any dogs in the hunt. Got about 230 numbers gave out and some 2 digit numbers has been turned in. Happy Hunting!

grant i need three numbers 2 digits if you still have any avaliable Darren Dunn

Darren Dunn 0, 20, 15

Are these ok? If not please let me know. Thanks

those are fine thanks D Dunn

ME AND SLIM ONLY HAVE A FEW OLE PLUGS. DONT WORRY ABOUT US. COME RUN NEXT FRIDAY AND SEE.

Ya'll don't have to worry about me, I have lucked up on a few this year.But my dogs are no better than anyone else. I just love to come and have a good time and hear some good running.I enjoy this sport and enjoy the fun that we all have togather with great fellowship.I Thank the good Lord everyday for letting me enjoy the great outdoors.Happy hunting and good luck to all.

will any big time field trialers be coming to da hunt

Collector all them back woods home town boys are BIG time hunters?? If you don"t think so just listen to em brag on themselfs!!

When it comes to bragging on themselves. noone tops a certain fella from down in vancleave. hope he dont come. no one else will have a dog in the race.

Never in my life would I ever imagine waking up and not owning a dog. It is quite a sickening feeling sometimes. Blessings like the one that I have been offered in my job dont come along often so when it does you have to make good on it. The outside hunt in Shelby is a good hunt with alot of good people behind it. Im sorry that I wont be able to make it. I dont plan on living in Texas forever so keep up the good work and keep this hunt alive so I can come back in a few years and participate. Maybe FiveSpeed will have some pups on the ground off of ole Molly I can buy...lol

WELL......... SINCE YOU NOT GONNA MAKE IT, WANNA SWAP NUMBERS FOR THE HUNT??? LOL
GO MAKE THAT BIG MONEY SAMMY! "AND COME BACK AND BUILD US SOME KENNELS"!!

btt

Well boys its one month before the big day! Hope there has been plenty of rain up there with all this heat coming up there sure might be bad in them dry woods!! Oh yeah hows practice been going for you guys?

Got a 3 day weekend coming up planning on runnin up there friday, saturday, an sunday night if anybody wants to get in a plug race give me a call. (228)760-0129

yall boys must be fishing for coasters. any bites? sure is quiet.... what about the big crew from pearl river county??? are they scared of a all nighters like the coast chickens?

Coasters ant scared they just ant got notthing to run all night!!!

No Need to have one to run all night 5 hours is all it takes to take money home! Ya'll keep practicing we'll be ready.

NO NEED, COME ON OUT THE PEN AND ENJOY A ALL NIGHT RACE. I WISH THEY STILL GIVE OUT TROPHIES MYSELF. ME AND SLIM WILL BE THERE EVERY CHANCE WE GET. LOOKS LIKE THE OLD TIMERS ARE THE ONES TO WATCH FOR FROM WHAT I SEEN FRIDAY NIGHT.

There has been some young men running a few on friday nights to so yaw look out!! Its been being all night an on up till 9 the next morning so yaw keep up the practice an we'll be comeing!!

Last time I was there the only person answering the radio at daylight was danial. All the locals was passed out on dead end roads.

There is alot of woods up there. We don't have to be with them to run! Like I said all night long!!!!! We coming yaw just keep the game stired up up there an we'll be seeing yaw!!

All yall gone need all the practice yall can get cause five speed gone win the hunt

5 speed?? Come on now???

I Heard chris nobles would be the one to beat this year ha ha

since there is so much practice going on. dogs should be in tip top shape. yall might as well come on up to the national the first of nov. if you've never been this is as good of a time as any. its a great experience. come enjoy some more outside running.

1 2 3